.Object Method in QTP

Shell

Jan 24, 2011, 9:36:36 PM1/24/11
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Hi,

Can anyone please help me that how does .object method works in QTP?

Eg: SwfWindow("****).SwfObject("****").Object

1. Why do we use it?
2. How do we use it?

Thanks
Shell

Shirish Kabade

Jan 25, 2011, 7:34:13 AM1/25/11
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
In DotNet application there are standard and custom object and for that QTP unable to retrive certain property values due to child objects property cannot retrive direclty or perform any operation e.g. set, input, select then use .Object methods

e.g. SwfWindow("****).SwfObject("****").Object.ChildItem(i).Text

SwfWindow("****).SwfObject("****").Object.ChildItem(i).Set "xyx"

To know the Child property there is .Net Spy avaliable if you installed .Net addin in addtion to standard Object Spy.

Explore more about .net spy you will find more details about object methods.

-Shirish

Shell

Feb 1, 2011, 3:36:25 PM2/1/11
to QTP - HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing
Thank you Shirish. I checked the properties in the .net spy it has the
details.
> >http://groups.google.com/group/MercuryQTP?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

Raparthi

Feb 5, 2015, 6:05:08 AM2/5/15
to mercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shell,

I am facing the similar issue with my .net application, tried everything and atlast found this post.

Could you let me know how this issue is fixed.

Regards
Rakesh raparthi