What's the matter with merb 0.9.8?

Tricheco

Oct 7, 2008, 3:24:24 AM10/7/08
to merb
On Mac and Linux:

$ merb-gen app test
$ cd test
$ rake --tasks
(in /Users/user/Development/Ruby/Merb/0.9.8/test)
Logging to #<IO:0x2f7d8>
rake aborted!
can't convert IO into String
/Users/user/Development/Ruby/Merb/0.9.8/test/rakefile:12

ban there

Oct 7, 2008, 3:52:13 AM10/7/08
to merb

Tricheco

Oct 7, 2008, 4:33:08 AM10/7/08
to merb
Ok I solved this myself a few minutes ago (actually setting :log_file
to nil activate log to stdout my favorite solution for development),
but autotest and spec still don't work. I'm downgrading to 0.9.7 maybe
they missed out something in the gem distribution maybe?

Michael Klishin

Oct 7, 2008, 5:18:33 AM10/7/08
to me...@googlegroups.com
2008/10/7 Tricheco <luca....@gmail.com>:

> Ok I solved this myself a few minutes ago (actually setting :log_file
> to nil activate log to stdout my favorite solution for development),
> but autotest and spec still don't work. I'm downgrading to 0.9.7 maybe
> they missed out something in the gem distribution maybe?

How exactly they "do not work"? RSpec > 1.1.4 does not yet work well with Merb,
it's a known problem.

Merb 0.9.8 is not backwards compatible so keep that in mind.
--
MK

Lin Jen-Shin

Oct 7, 2008, 9:57:14 AM10/7/08
to merb, godfat 真常
I've just done the same thing a couple minutes ago,
tracking into source code to find out what's wrong with it.

I notice that in merb-core.rb: 497

def load_config(options = {})
Merb::Config.setup({ :log_file => STDOUT, :log_level
=> :warn, :log_auto_flush => true }.merge(options))
Merb::BootLoader::Logger.run
end

Here Merb make default :log_file to be STDOUT,
which is an IO instance, and in merb-core/bootloader.rb: 294

Merb::Config[:log_stream] = File.open(Merb::Config[:log_file], "w
+") if Merb::Config[:log_file]

It suppose :log_file should refer a String, not an IO.

Michael Klishin

Oct 7, 2008, 7:37:15 PM10/7/08
to me...@googlegroups.com
2008/10/7 Lin Jen-Shin <god...@gmail.com>:

> It suppose :log_file should refer a String, not an IO.

Correct. I fixed it earlier today.
--
MK

Tricheco

Oct 8, 2008, 4:43:49 AM10/8/08
to merb
> How exactly they "do not work"? RSpec > 1.1.4 does not yet work well with Merb,
> it's a known problem.

rake spec throws an error and autotest just hangs.

> Merb 0.9.8 is not backwards compatible so keep that in mind.

I knew that.

> How exactly they "do not work"? RSpec > 1.1.4 does not yet work well with Merb,
> it's a known problem.

But I didn't know this one.

Thank you.

Michael Klishin

Oct 8, 2008, 4:47:20 AM10/8/08
to me...@googlegroups.com
2008/10/8 Tricheco <luca....@gmail.com>:

>> How exactly they "do not work"? RSpec > 1.1.4 does not yet work well with Merb,
>> it's a known problem.
>
> rake spec throws an error and autotest just hangs.

What that error says?
--
MK