1.0.3

Yehuda Katz

Nov 25, 2008, 1:25:52 PM11/25/08
to me...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

I'm releasing 1.0.3, a quick update from last night's 1.0.2, which addresses the following issues:
  • override!, which was introduced in 1.0.2, was broken. It is now working
  • run_later is now available via Merb.run_later, for use in models
  • the template not found error was missing a space. It now reads correctly
  • the generated code and comments for error_messages_for was misleading. It now correctly reflects the fact that you should pass an object to error_messages_for
We plan to release point-releases to 1.0 as fixes become available, so there may be more such releases than in Rails. The goal is to release often enough to keep the list of changes in each release relatively small and understandable, and you can feel free to upgrade to the latest point release every 2 weeks if you don't want to go through the upgrade process every week (or more frequently). Keep an eye out for point releases that reflect security fixes, because those upgrades should be considered mandatory.

--
Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard

IndianGuru

Nov 25, 2008, 10:32:26 PM11/25/08
to merb
On Windows, re-starting Merb, whenever you change a file is a pain. It
was to be fixed in 1.0.2. Has it been fixed now?

On Nov 25, 11:25 pm, "Yehuda Katz" <wyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys!
> I'm releasing 1.0.3, a quick update from last night's 1.0.2, which addresses
> the following issues:
>
>    - override!, which was introduced in 1.0.2, was broken. It is now working
>    - run_later is now available via Merb.run_later, for use in models
>    - the template not found error was missing a space. It now reads
>    correctly
>    - the generated code and comments for error_messages_for was misleading.

Max

Nov 26, 2008, 12:06:43 AM11/26/08
to merb
Nice work on run_later in models thing. That hadn't occurred to me
that that would be nice, but...it is!

Also, is it really necessary to compare to Rails?

On Nov 25, 10:25 am, "Yehuda Katz" <wyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys!
> I'm releasing 1.0.3, a quick update from last night's 1.0.2, which addresses
> the following issues:
>
>    - override!, which was introduced in 1.0.2, was broken. It is now working
>    - run_later is now available via Merb.run_later, for use in models
>    - the template not found error was missing a space. It now reads
>    correctly
>    - the generated code and comments for error_messages_for was misleading.

Quin Hoxie

Nov 26, 2008, 1:22:30 PM11/26/08
to merb
I don't think he is making a subjective comparison there. Most people
using merb are coming from a rails background, so I think it is fair
to inform them of release practices that they may not be expecting.