repcached patch for mencached

n99

Feb 26, 2010, 5:11:23 AM2/26/10
to memcached
Hello
Current release at http://repcached.lab.klab.org/ is for memcached
1.2.x whereas the latest memcached is v1.4.4.
The repcached website seems dead and the wiki contains NO
documentation.
Does anyone know if:
+ repached is still a live and maintained project?
+ current repcached version can be used with memcached is v1.4.4?
+ If there is any documentation for repached?
Many Thanks

Maxim Dounin

Feb 26, 2010, 8:41:09 AM2/26/10
to memc...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 02:11:23AM -0800, n99 wrote:

> Hello
> Current release at http://repcached.lab.klab.org/ is for memcached
> 1.2.x whereas the latest memcached is v1.4.4.
> The repcached website seems dead and the wiki contains NO
> documentation.
> Does anyone know if:
> + repached is still a live and maintained project?

Would like to know, too.

> + current repcached version can be used with memcached is v1.4.4?

I've recently merged repcached 2.2 with memcached 1.4.4.

The only thing which is currently missing is binary protocol
support (it should be trivial to add it though).

Git tree may be found here:

http://github.com/mdounin/memcached/tree/repcached

Patch against memcached 1.4.4 distribution is here:

http://mdounin.ru/files/repcached-2.2-1.4.4.patch.gz

> + If there is any documentation for repached?

No idea. It's more or less obvious anyway.

Maxim Dounin