MDAnalysis Logo Competition

Oliver Beckstein

Apr 1, 2011, 12:45:59 PM4/1/11
to mdnalysis-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

We would like to have a nice, little, spiffy logo for MDAnalysis.

If you're artistically inclined then send us your take on the MDAnalysis logo. You are (almost*) completely free in how to do but it should be possible to use it at a minimum resolution of 48x48 pixels. You can submit the same logo at different resolutions.

You can submit as many entries as you like (email figures to me, email below). We will put up all entries for display and subject them to a community vote.

Deadline for entries: 30 April 2011

The winning entry will become the official logo* used on the website, documentation etc and the author will be credited appropriately.

*Small print:
1. You will need to licence the winning entry under a Creative Commons licence or put it in the Public Domain.
2. You will need to allow us to display the entry (but all rights can be reserved).
3. No offensive or profane material, no copyright violations, please.
4. The MDAnalysis owners (NMA, EJD & OB) reserve final judgement (just in case it would be something very inappropriate and because we cannot be bothered to write even longer small print legalese; we promise to be reasonable ;-) )

The MDAnalysis Team
(Naveen, Elizabeth, & Oliver)

--
Oliver Beckstein * orbe...@gmx.net
skype: orbeckst * orbe...@gmail.com

Oliver Beckstein

Apr 8, 2011, 2:16:52 PM4/8/11
to MDnalysis discussion
The first contributions for the MDAnalysis Logo have been put up on

http://code.google.com/p/mdanalysis/wiki/LogoCompetition

Please send me your take on the logo. (Deadline 30 April 2011; we'll
set up some voting afterwards.)

Oli

Oliver Beckstein

Apr 30, 2011, 6:50:18 PM4/30/11
to MDnalysis discussion
Hi,

we got a number of very cool logos and it will get pretty difficult to
choose.

Go to

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2PGNXH8

and rate the submitted entries there. The highest rated logo will be
adopted as the new MDAnalysis logo.

The poll closes in a weeks time on 8 May 2011, midnight PDT (UTC-8).

Thanks a lot to the contributors and we're looking forward to hear
what you like best.

Naveen, Elizabeth & Oliver

Oliver Beckstein

May 7, 2011, 8:36:15 PM5/7/11
to MDnalysis discussion
Hi everyone,

if you haven't done so already please vote on the new MDAnalysis logo.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2PGNXH8

Note that there were a few late entries so even if you have already
voted then you should come back and vote on these new entries as well.

Votes close Sunday night.

Thanks!
Oliver

Oliver Beckstein

May 11, 2011, 9:08:40 AM5/11/11
to MDnalysis discussion, Christian Beckstein
Hi everyone,

We had some very good entries for the MDAnalysis logo and the final
top three were:

1. cb/MDA-MMG-Atom-color
2. cb/MDA-PZTH-color
3. Danny.Parton/mdanalysis-logo-01

Thus, the new MDAnalysis logo is Chris Beckstein's 'Atom' logo.

Congratulations!

Many thanks to everyone who participated.

The new logo is now visible on the website and in the re-themed online
docs http://mdanalysis.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/html/index.html

Oli