maven-gae-plugin and jrebel stopped working

Marcel Overdijk

Aug 14, 2011, 3:23:03 PM8/14/11
to maven-gae-plugin
I recently upgraded to latest maven-gae-plugin [0.9] and some other
changes and just found out that JRebel reloading does not work anymore
for jsp's and other resources.
However reloading of Java files works..

I wonder if someone else is experiencing same problems.

Here are parts of my pom file:

<plugin>
<groupId>net.kindleit</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-gae-plugin</artifactId>
<version>0.9.0</version>
<configuration>
<disableUpdateCheck>true</disableUpdateCheck>
<monitorPort>8085</monitorPort>
<jvmFlags>
<jvmFlag>-javaagent:${env.JREBEL_HOME}
\jrebel.jar</jvmFlag>
<jvmFlag>-noverify</jvmFlag>
<jvmFlag>-Ddatastore.backing_store=$
{project.basedir}\local_db.bin</jvmFlag>
</jvmFlags>
</configuration>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.appengine</groupId>
<artifactId>appengine-tools-sdk</artifactId>
<version>${gae.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.appengine</groupId>
<artifactId>appengine-api-1.0-sdk</artifactId>
<version>${gae.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<version>2.1.1</version>
<configuration>
<archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
<packagingExcludes>WEB-INF/web.xml</
packagingExcludes>
<webXml>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/
web.xml</webXml>
</configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.zeroturnaround</groupId>
<artifactId>jrebel-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0.7</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>generate-rebel-xml</id>
<phase>process-resources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>generate</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

I recently added the maven-war-plugin to overwrite defaults and I
found out that the problem is related to

<archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>

As soon as I remove this line the reloading works again.

I don't know if this is related to combination maven war plugin and
JRebel, or to maven gae plugin.