datastore lost

Marcel Overdijk

Feb 22, 2011, 3:00:11 PM2/22/11
to maven-gae-plugin
I'm using the maven-gae-plugin but every time I restart the app with
mvn gae:run my datastore is empty.
Do I have to do something special to keep my datastore?

Taylor Leese

Feb 22, 2011, 3:03:46 PM2/22/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com, Marcel Overdijk
Are you executing "clean" as one of the maven goals? I believe that will wipe out the local datastore if I remember correctly.

- Taylor

Marcel Overdijk

Feb 22, 2011, 3:08:53 PM2/22/11
to maven-gae-plugin
Yes that could be the case.
Sometime a clean is just needed, but I don't want to lose my local
datastore.

I assume the local datastore is stored in /target?
Would it be an option to store the local datastore somewhere else
(perhaps using a plugin configuration param) ?

On Feb 22, 9:03 pm, Taylor Leese <tlees...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you executing "clean" as one of the maven goals? I believe that will
> wipe out the local datastore if I remember correctly.
>
> - Taylor
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Marcel Overdijk

Marcel Overdijk

Feb 23, 2011, 4:23:29 PM2/23/11
to maven-gae-plugin
Just for reference but you can change location of local datastore
using a system property.

I'm currently using:

<plugin>
<groupId>net.kindleit</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-gae-plugin</artifactId>
<version>0.8.2</version>
<configuration>
<jvmFlags>
<jvmFlag>-Ddatastore.backing_store=${project.basedir}
\local_db.bin</jvmFlag>
</jvmFlags>
</configuration>
..

and this works perfectly!

Cheers,
Marcel

On Feb 22, 9:03 pm, Taylor Leese <tlees...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you executing "clean" as one of the maven goals? I believe that will
> wipe out the local datastore if I remember correctly.
>
> - Taylor
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Marcel Overdijk

Nikolay Rychkov

Feb 23, 2011, 7:31:21 PM2/23/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Marcel. Very helpful