Pottery Kiln and Mask for Working with Fiberglass?

Camry Gach

Jun 7, 2020, 11:24:30 PM6/7/20
to MauiMakers
Hello Maui Makers,

I am wondering if the Makers shop currently has a pottery kiln for firing clay, and if it is available during general open weekend hours?
Also, are there any masks that I could borrow or use in the shop that are NIOSH approved that would be appropriate to wear when working with fiberglass like the one attached? If so, what is the filtration rating (i.e. P95)? If the filter is a low quality, can I replace it with my own higher quality filter (i.e. P100)? I would be sure to disinfect before and after use.

Thank you,

Camry Gach

cole santos

Jun 9, 2020, 1:19:37 AM6/9/20
to mauimakers
no kiln, best bet is the hui in haliimaile

Camry Gach

Jun 9, 2020, 11:02:13 PM6/9/20
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Ok thank you for letting me know!