use umfpack in fortran

tu-...@126.com

Mar 23, 2009, 1:07:53 AM3/23/09
to matrixprogramming
I followed the steps in Evgenii's article Compiling UMFPACK with
Microsoft Visual C. And I made the c demos using CCsucessfully under
WindowsXP. But with ifort I can't make the fortran example
sucessfully.

I put the blas lib in the path d:/umfamd/lib while the UMFPACK is in
D:/umfamd/umfpack. The file in this lib are:libatlas.a libblas.a
libcblas.a libf77blas.a liblapack.a.

I define BLAS as follow:
BLAS = -L$../../lib/ -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c

then I type make fortan, I get these errors:

ifort: command line warning #10006: igorning unknown option '/
L./..lib/'
ifort: command line warning #10006: igorning unknown option '/
lf77blas'
ifort: command line warning #10006: igorning unknown option '/latlas'
ifort: command line warning #10006: igorning unknown option 'la2c'
link: invalid option --o

Where may be the problem?
Thank you very much

Evgenii Rudnyi

Mar 23, 2009, 3:44:34 PM3/23/09
to matrixpr...@googlegroups.com
tu-...@126.com schrieb:

You have to edit makefiles. I have never edited this part in order to
compile the Fortran interface to UMFPACK.

Now what happens that ifort receives Linux-like arguments and it does
not like it.

r.khle...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2009, 5:55:11 AM4/23/09
to matrixprogramming
I suppose the problem might be in a name clash between Visual Studio
linker (link.exe) and cygwin's(?) command-line tool link.exe. Try
renaming the unix-like tool to something else :)

Evgenii Rudnyi

Apr 23, 2009, 3:10:36 PM4/23/09
r.khle...@gmail.com wrote:
> I suppose the problem might be in a name clash between Visual Studio
> linker (link.exe) and cygwin's(?) command-line tool link.exe. Try
> renaming the unix-like tool to something else :)

This is unlikely. link.exe in Cygwin has nothing to do with linking. It
belongs to the GNU coreutil:

http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/link-invocation.html#link-invocation

If there was a problem with this, then the messages were quite different.