Web Fonts

Dr. Dayal D. Purohit

Aug 2, 2012, 12:39:44 PM8/2/12
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
I just downloaded the mathjax 2.0 and installed it in the local server. Installation worked fine.

Now, when I try the mathjax/test/index.html, it takes a good 2 or 3 seconds and then it displays the quadratic formula and says mathjax appears to be warning, then followed by 2 warnings as shown below. At the bottom link mathjax/test/index-images.html, if I go it says image fonts appear to be working.  This happens in all browsers. Does this mean web fonts are not being used for some reason?

Please don't reply to the previous 2 posts on the same topic. The links were bad.

Thanks,

d^3p

WARNING: The browser you are using does not seem to support web-based fonts, so we can't test the MathJax web fonts with this browser (image fonts have been used instead). Please try a different browser, or a newer version of your browser in order to test MathJax's web-based fonts.

WARNING: MathJax's web fonts don't seem to be available. Be sure you have the MathJax/fonts directory in place before continuing. If you fail to install these fonts, MathJax will not work properly with some browsers. If you can't install the image fonts, be sure to set the noImageFonts parameter in your MathJax configuration (either MathJax/config/MathJax.js, or the MathJax.Hub.Config() call in your web page).

Dr. Dayal D. Purohit

Aug 2, 2012, 12:43:23 PM8/2/12
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Peter, saw your response. No, the http://www.mathjax.org/docs/2.0/installation.html does not work as there is no  2.0 directory off docs directory.

d^3p

Peter Krautzberger

Aug 2, 2012, 1:07:01 PM8/2/12
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
That's not what I meant.

I meant: have you checked the advice on that page? Is mathjax installed on the same (sub)domain as the page or does the section "Notes about Shared Installations" apply?

Peter.

Dr. Dayal D. Purohit

Aug 2, 2012, 1:27:53 PM8/2/12
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Ok. But no such issues as described in that page. Still I get the warning in the test/index.html saying browser does not support webfont.

d^3p