Elluminate GeoGebra Workshop1

1 view

LFS

Jul 11, 2010, 10:55:28 AM7/11/10
to MathFuture
You are cordially invited to participate in a free online workshop for
learning GeoGebra.
This is the first in a series of 3 workshops.

Title: Getting Started with GeoGebra
Moderator: Linda Fahlberg-Stojanovska
When: Monday July 12 from 11-12:15 EDT:
Materials at: http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+1
Link: http://tinyurl.com/math20event (Please arrive 5 minutes ahead
of start.)

Happy teaching with GeoGebra, Linda

P.S. I realize that many of you are very familiar with GeoGebra and
also that the timing is short, so please do not worry about not coming
or replying. I just wanted to tell you and invite you.

----
Linda Fahlberg-Stojanovska
lin...@t-home.mk
http://geogebrawiki.wikispaces.com

LFS

Jul 13, 2010, 11:31:04 AM7/13/10
to MathFuture
Hiya my friends and colleagues in GeoGebra!

1. Elluminate Workshop 1 Recording is at:
https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2010-07-12.0757.M.B41FC4AB0A3565F8BCAE1B600D6595.vcr&sid=2008350
2. My many thanks to those of you who participated – it was great
practice for me and I hope you weren’t overwhelmed. My particular
thanks to Maria Droujkova who is our hero for her help with
Elluminate.
3. Recall that materials for this workshop are at:
http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+1

I had hoped to hold Workshop 2 tomorrow, but I think it is much too
short notice for everyone including myself :)
Also, I plan to rerun in September so those of you who missed out on
this exciting opportunity (tongue is in cheek) can come then.

Happy teaching with GeoGebra, Linda

LFS

Jul 15, 2010, 11:08:13 AM7/15/10
to MathFuture
You are cordially invited to participate in a free online workshop for
learning GeoGebra - Part 2.
This is the second in a series of 3 workshops.

Title: Using GeoGebra in the Classroom
Moderator: Linda Fahlberg-Stojanovska
When: Saturday July 17 from 11-12:15 EDT:
Materials at: http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+2
(slightly updated just now)
Link: http://tinyurl.com/math20event. Please arrive 5 minutes ahead
of start.

LFS

Jul 21, 2010, 5:03:27 AM7/21/10
to MathFuture
Hiya my friends and colleagues in GeoGebra!
1. Elluminate Workshop 2 Recording from July 17 is at:
https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2010-07-17.0839.M.B41FC4AB0A3565F8BCAE1B600D6595.vcr&sid=2008350
2. Again, thanks to those of you who participated and to Maria
D.
3. Recall that materials for this workshop are at:
http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+2
Workshop 3 and reruns in September (and other stuff too!)

Anna-Marie Robertson

Sep 20, 2010, 8:00:04 PM9/20/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Linda,
Can you tell me when in September the third workshop runs?
I enjoyed this one so much, I am inspired to do something like this for my online students.
I have starred this workshop and have revisited it several times.

Also, can you supply me a link to workshop one? I believe I missed that one.
Thanks so much!
This workshop gives some very practical hands on training and it teaches problem solving almost exactly the way I teach it too. :-)

Thanks so much for this series.
AMR

Anna-Marie Robertson
Online Instructor / Instructional Technologist
Richard McKenna Charter High School
Board of Directors for Dream Realizations.org
Co-Chair of iNACOL's SIG Virtual Worlds
Second Life: Alexsis Kamala
Twitter: robertsontweet

LFS

Sep 21, 2010, 1:48:28 AM9/21/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anna-Marie

Thank-you for your kind words.

The link to the Elluminate of Workshop 1 is: http://tinyurl.com/2utqqdw

The link to all of the materials of Workshop 1 is: http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+1

I am sending my son off to university on Friday Sept 24 and then I will be think in whole sentences again – hence the delay.

Question for all who are interested in Workshop 3 – which is better?

Wednesday 29 September at 9pm CET (3pm ET)  or Saturday 1 October at 6pm CET (12 noon ET)

Warm regards,

Linda

Guillermo Bautista

Sep 21, 2010, 2:13:21 AM9/21/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linda,

I just browsed your workshops. It was really amazing.

Guillermo

Anna-Marie Robertson

Sep 21, 2010, 9:12:57 AM9/21/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on your son going to college. That's great!

I would rather attend during a weekday even at night.
Saturdays are for my family. It's about the only time they see me not in front of the computer.
I am currently a graduate student at Boise State University in the EDTECH program, and I am a full-time online math teacher.
Between those two things, I am here all the time during the week, so a weekday is better for me.

Also, a side note: You could create a Google Doc spreadsheet for people to sign up
That way everyone can see what everyone else wants and you have everything in one place.
I've signed up for other workshops like that before and it seems to work pretty well.
Provide a place for people to put their name (or screen name), email, and which time they prefer.
Just a thought.

I look forward to this next session in this series! :-)

AMR
Anna-Marie Robertson
Online Instructor / Instructional Technologist
Richard McKenna Charter High School
Board of Directors for Dream Realizations.org
Co-Chair of iNACOL's SIG Virtual Worlds
Second Life: Alexsis Kamala
Twitter: robertsontweet
Skype: robertson.rmchs

vira...@tiscali.it

Sep 21, 2010, 9:59:47 AM9/21/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
HI Linda!
I’m Virginia Alberti from Italy and I was following the last two webinar.
I like very much your  job and I presented your beautiful wikis as resources to some math collegues during the courses in my region ( in national project about Interactive whiteboard diffusion because I’m a teacher trainer)
my students like your mathcast and your applets!
I would prefer
Wednesday 29 September at 9pm CET .
Thanks very, very , very much
Best regards
virginia alberti
Sep 23, 2010, 1:50:08 PM9/23/10
to mathf...@googlegroups.com

Elluminate Workshop 3 on GeoGebra:

      Wednesday September 29 at 3pm ET (Eastern Time-USA)  or  9pm CET (Central European Time).

     The materials for this workshop are at:  http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/Teacher+Workshop+3  Group 1

     Link for Workshop: http://tinyurl.com/math20event

     For more details about logging in see: http://mathfuture.wikispaces.com/events

All are welcome (and of course it is free)!

Linda F-S