starry night (link to time lapse video)

kirby urner

Dec 6, 2011, 12:47:42 PM12/6/11
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
If you've got the bandwidth, I recommend this 5 mins video in HD on
full screen.

Relaxing, good music. Time lapse. Time lapse is a great technology
for getting the big picture.

The Qatsi movies are another example, Koyaanisqatsi especially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatsi_trilogy

I had to download ahead of time on this short one (DSL isn't that fast).

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2011/12/starry-night.html

Geometry + Geography is a theme.

Getting students oriented w/r to star maps, maps in general, has
fallen out of vogue in big city living, and scouting scarcely picks up
the slack anymore.

The new tablets have some great apps for this.

This idea of math reform might take billions to implement, so many
overnight sites needed, new / converted camps / bases etc., but we're
starting smaller in Oregon.

Kirby

Background debate:

http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7622029&tstart=0