Arunachal pradesh is a Indian state

KESHAV

Nov 18, 2009, 2:06:41 PM11/18/09
to Map Your World - How do I...?
Dear Map Creator,

This is with reference to two different maps being shown on your India
page and Chinese page.

There is a dispute about Arunachal Pradesh, a state of India. This
state, when seen in Indian page www.googlemap.co.in, is shown as part
of Indian territory,but, when the same is seen on chinese page, it is
shown as chinese territory.

Why it is like that?

I am an Indian. And as per my knowledge the Arunachal Pradesh belongs
to India. It must be shown as Indian territory on all maps and all
countries's pages.

There is only a dispute between India and China only about the area
called Tawang, in the east corner of Arunachal Pradesh. Otherwise
entire Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India.

Please, research more on it and try to amend it.

But, in any case, the sampe state should not be shown in different
countries on the google maps.

Thanking you in advance for taking your interest.

Regards,

Keshav Gokhale

JenMazz

Nov 19, 2009, 4:41:18 PM11/19/09
to Map Your World - How do I...?
Dear Keshav,

It is Google's standard practice to show all disputed regions around
the world on its global properties, such as on mapmaker.google.com &
maps.google.com. It has been Google’s consistent and global policy to
depict disputed regions as per the claims made by the disputing/
claiming nations on its global properties. This does not in any way
endorse or affirm the position taken by any side but merely provides
complete information on the prevailing geo-political situation to our
users of global properties in a dispassionate and accurate manner.
Products that have been localized to the local domain of a region such
as mapmaker.google.co.in & maps.google.co.in may depict that country’s
position as per the mandate of their local laws.

Cheers,

Jen.

On Nov 18, 11:06 am, KESHAV <keshav_gokh...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Dear Map Creator,
>
> This is with reference to two different maps being shown on your India
> page and Chinese page.
>
> There is a dispute about Arunachal Pradesh, a state of India. This
> state, when seen in Indian pagewww.googlemap.co.in, is shown as part
Message has been deleted

Vineeth Mohan

Dec 4, 2009, 6:27:14 AM12/4/09
to Map Your World - How do I...?
JenMazz, in India, we don't think that this is an ethical practice.
The use of the words "standard practice" does not justify your
explicit business interests and I don't think that even the Chinese
authorities are claiming that the entire Arunachal Pradesh area
belongs to them. It is a matter of fact that there are border issues
between India and China across the borders including Arunachal region.
But both the governments are holding discussions to resolve these
issues.

But Google's interest is just in business, I think. If Google Maps is
just a "toy" and the information with them is for "cheering people",
they must mark it accordingly, at least not to mislead thinking
population of both the countries.

Please note that Google already admitted that they made a mistake
about this border conflict and this news is published by Times of
India on August 8, 2009 at
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Google-admits-mistake-of-wrong-depiction-of-Arunachal/articleshow/4871753.cms

There are so many separatists groups are functioning in India as well
as in other countries. If an influential Tamil activist group claims
that Tamil Nadu is not an Indian state but a separate country, will
Google Map mark it as a "separate country" or a 'disputed region' ??

You must be more sensible while dealing with sensitive matters like
this. Either you declare that Google Maps and Google Earth are DO NOT
PROVIDE CREDIBLE INFORMATION and warn people from considering it as a
matter of fact or otherwise FOLLOW RECOGNIZED, INTERNATIONAL BORDERS.
Don't play with words like "standard practice", depicting that you are
having plain business interest only in all parts of the world.