Tongatapu, Tonga, village location and names are wrong

davidm...@gmail.com

May 25, 2010, 8:48:20 PM5/25/10
to map-countr...@googlegroups.com
A large majority of the village names are wrong.
Secondly, many villages are located incorrectly, for example Houma and Ha'akame.
I can't contact the guys who have contributed to the Tongatapu map.
Could somebody please use other maps to fix the Google maps.  Someone with a knowledge of the island would be good.  Even 60 year old maps at least show Houma in the right place, while Google maps doesn't.

Map Maker Guide

May 28, 2010, 7:21:08 AM5/28/10
to Map Your World - Country-specific topics
Hi there,
Thanks for posting. Since Tongatapu is open for editing on Map Maker,
you can rectify any incorrect information as per your local knowledge.
This will be propagated to Google Maps once Map Maker data is pushed
to Maps. Please visit following help page for more details on editing
features:
http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=156969

Also, please let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,
Map Maker Guide