MWUG Meeting Wednesday Feb 17th

1 view

Mike Little

Feb 2, 2010, 3:54:24 AM2/2/10
to Manchester WordPress User Group (MWUG)
Hi Folks,

Prompted by Adrian's email about the 'Help Workshop before MWUG', I thought I'd just confirm the next MWUG meeting for Wednesday 17th February7pm - 9pm-ish :-)

Here's a couple of agenda items I can think of:

Agenda items:
MWUG Website - I now have it under my control and on my server (thanks Alan), so... what do we do with it?
"The 3.0 merge" - progress report. I can say a few words on what I've seen happening
WordCamp UK - It's coming to Manchester! What shall we do there?

If anyone has other ideas, or someone wants to present/talk about something for 20-15 minutes, let us know.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/

Mike Little

Feb 2, 2010, 4:11:10 AM2/2/10
to Manchester WordPress User Group (MWUG)
Oops, forgot location details:
On 2 February 2010 08:54, Mike Little <mi...@zed1.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Prompted by Adrian's email about the 'Help Workshop before MWUG', I thought I'd just confirm the next MWUG meeting for Wednesday 17th February7pm - 9pm-ish :-)

Manchester Digital Laboratory,
(Between Thomas St and the Craft Centre, opposite A Bar Called Common)

Here's a couple of agenda items I can think of:

Agenda items:
MWUG Website - I now have it under my control and on my server (thanks Alan), so... what do we do with it?
"The 3.0 merge" - progress report. I can say a few words on what I've seen happening
WordCamp UK - It's coming to Manchester! What shall we do there?

If anyone has other ideas, or someone wants to present/talk about something for 20-15 minutes, let us know.

ProDevStudio

Feb 2, 2010, 5:06:14 PM2/2/10
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike and Everyone,

I would be very keen on "The 3.0 merge" especially two of my projects
are on hold for this release.
It would be beneficial to see a demo on this and how we use this
effectively. Can you/someone do us a demo on this?

Kind Regards,
Azizur Rahman
----

Thomas

Feb 8, 2010, 5:51:42 PM2/8/10
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Hi all,

It would also be good to have a discussion about SEO plugins for
Wordpress. I am not an expert but I'll give a demo of a simple plugin
I wrote for WPMU to get us started. Stick that on the agenda for the
17th.

+ I think I have volunteered myself to talk at Wordcamp UK. I called
the speech, "Your Real Life Blogroll" and it will be about getting
communities involved with Wordpress - I thought this would be a good
topic for someone from a Wordpress User Group to take on - thoughts?
I stuck the idea on the Wordcamp UK Wiki but I'm not sure if that was
officially noticed.

Tom.

Peter Moore

Feb 8, 2010, 5:59:15 PM2/8/10
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom

The platinum seo plugin is pretty descent -
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/

I also use headspace2 - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/headspace2/
on some blogs that I cannot
be bothered changing to the platinum seo one.

Looking forward to your demo.

Pete

Jordan Hatch

Feb 8, 2010, 6:04:04 PM2/8/10
to manchester-wordpress-user-group
I'm going to make it for next Wednesday. I've been meaning to come to
a MWUG for a while but never got round to doing it :)

Jordan

Mike Little

Feb 8, 2010, 6:36:20 PM2/8/10
On 8 February 2010 23:04, Jordan Hatch <jor...@hatchshouse.co.uk> wrote:
I'm going to make it for next Wednesday. I've been meaning to come to
a MWUG for a while but never got round to doing it :)

Jordan

Great, It'll be good to see you.

Mike

Mike Little

Feb 8, 2010, 6:37:53 PM2/8/10
On 2 February 2010 22:06, ProDevStudio <prodev...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike and Everyone,

I would be very keen on "The 3.0 merge" especially two of my projects
are on hold for this release.
It would be beneficial to see a demo on this and how we use this
effectively. Can you/someone do us a demo on this?

I will try to get a good look at it before the day and try to put some notes together to demo some of the new features.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/

philipnorton42

Feb 10, 2010, 4:12:55 AM2/10/10
to Manchester WordPress User Group
I use the All In One SEO Pack on all my blogs

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

It's been very stable and feature rich since the early versions and
the developer keeps up with the latest news and features in the SEO
world.

Phil,

Patrick Ward

Feb 10, 2010, 6:40:15 AM2/10/10
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Also use All In One SEO Pack but want to have a play with platinum http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/

The text edtor in wp doesn't exactly encourage semamtic structure. So you still need to watch your content code.

Patrick Ward
pat...@standardspace.com
Sent from my mobile