Venue for September meeting - Help please

Mike Little

Aug 28, 2009, 12:37:30 PM8/28/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group (MWUG)
Hi Folks,

Can I prevail on you folks to volunteer to organise a venue for the
meeting we are planning on Wednesday September 9th.

I had thought I had provisionally booked the upstairs room at the Lass
O' Gowrie, but they have now told me it is already reserved. I'm
having difficulty getting anything sensible from MDDA, though I have
learned today they do have a room available on that night, but I
cannot speak to anyone about it until Tuesday.

A couple of other places I have tried were not answering their phones
this afternoon.

If anyone can suggest and enquire/book a venue for Wednesday September
9th from 7pm - 9pm I would be most grateful.

We will ideally need:
Location - central Manchester
Room for 10 - 15 people (I can hope!) - (Preferably free or very low cost)
A projector or large screen (e.g. 32 inch LCD) (included)
WiFi (free)
Environment quiet enough to talk without shouting!
Tea/Coffees facilities or a bar - we can pay for this

If you have somewhere in mind and are willing to make the
enquiry/booking please fire an email off to the group so we don't end
up with multiple places booked.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/

Dave Mee

Aug 28, 2009, 1:04:29 PM8/28/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
There's always (potentially) the BBC via @cubicgarden - however, the
Beeb is a firm Movable Type shop, so they may not buy into it. :)

Dave

Chi-chi

Aug 28, 2009, 1:16:37 PM8/28/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Hi all,

I've provisionally booked the top room/bar at the Living Room. Happy
to cancel if something else comes up however, as far as I'm aware,
it's a free booking and we will be provided a 'server' for drinks/tea/
coffee orders.

They provide a large projector upstairs and wi-fi solid enough to
support live video streaming.

The Living Room have been really supportive of my 7 Wonders in 7 Days
campaign and I'm trying to get them as much business as possible in
return!

Any problems let me know...

Best,
Chi-chi

Mike Little

Aug 28, 2009, 1:19:24 PM8/28/09
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
2009/8/28 Chi-chi <thisis...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've provisionally booked the top room/bar at the Living Room.  Happy
> to cancel if something else comes up however, as far as I'm aware,
> it's a free booking and we will be provided a 'server' for drinks/tea/
> coffee orders.
>
> They provide a large projector upstairs and wi-fi solid enough to
> support live video streaming.
>
> The Living Room have been really supportive of my 7 Wonders in 7 Days
> campaign and I'm trying to get them as much business as possible in
> return!
>
> Any problems let me know...
>
> Best,
> Chi-chi

Hi Chi-Chi,

That's wonderful! Thanks. Can you confirm it, please.

Hope you can make it to this one.

Chi-chi

Aug 28, 2009, 1:23:25 PM8/28/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Hi Mike,

I will. I will fire off an email to my contacts there but the person I
spoke to a minute ago to make the booking says they will call me
tomorrow to confirm.

I’ve never had problems with bookings with them before but I would
consider this ‘provisional’ until after I hear back from someone,
possibly after Bank Holiday Monday now.

Best,
Chi-chi

On Aug 28, 6:19 pm, Mike Little <journali...@gmail.com> wrote:

Chi-chi

Aug 31, 2009, 1:41:39 PM8/31/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
The Living Room have been in touch to confirm the booking.

We will be meeting in The Study.

They were kind enough to waive the minimum spend for use of The Study,
lovely folk.

See you all on Wednesday 9th September, 7pm-9pm!

Best,
Chi-chi

Kate Butler

Sep 1, 2009, 7:05:06 AM9/1/09
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
That's brilliant, Chi-chi. See you all next week!
Kate
___________________
Kate Butler
07770 388 244
WEB

2009/8/31 Chi-chi <thisis...@gmail.com>

--
____________________

Kate Butler
07770 388 244
WEB http://unhub.com/katebutler
____________________

Gurbir Singh

Sep 1, 2009, 8:05:49 AM9/1/09
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Chichi,

Can I add my thanks too.

I am not familiar with "The Living Room" can you post an address (inc.post code) and any information re car parking?

Thanks

Gurbir

Tony

Sep 1, 2009, 8:12:20 AM9/1/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Details now added to wiki

http://wiki.wordcampuk.tonyscott.org.uk/WordPress_UK_North

Tony Scott

-------------------

On Sep 1, 12:05 pm, Kate Butler <justshootk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> That's brilliant, Chi-chi. See you all next week!Kate
> ___________________
> Kate Butler
> 07770 388 244
> WEB <http://unhub.com/katebutler>

Tony

Sep 1, 2009, 8:38:45 AM9/1/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Gurbir

http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/venues/manchester/

Tony

On Sep 1, 1:05 pm, Gurbir Singh <gurbir2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chichi,
>
> Can I add my thanks too.
>
> I am not familiar with "The Living Room" can you post an address (inc.post
> code) and any information re car parking?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gurbir
>
> 2009/9/1 Kate Butler <justshootk...@googlemail.com>
>
> > That's brilliant, Chi-chi. See you all next week!Kate
> > ___________________
> > Kate Butler
> > 07770 388 244
> > WEB <http://unhub.com/katebutler>

caroline

Sep 2, 2009, 7:01:28 AM9/2/09
to Manchester WordPress User Group
You could try An Outlet (77 Dale Street, Manchester, M1 2HG (0161) 236
3043)

or

Nexus Art Cafe (Dale Street, Northern Quarter, Manchester, M1 1JW
(0161) 236 0100)

Both could be free. An Outlet has a projector and supports groups.

Mike Little

Sep 2, 2009, 8:52:09 AM9/2/09
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com

2009/9/2 caroline <caroline...@gmail.com>

Hi Caroline,

Thanks, I'll bear those in mind for next month. We seem to be sorted for this month.

Mike

dave Ashton

Sep 2, 2009, 8:57:11 AM9/2/09
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
hi,
new to the group, but for cheap rooms - really cheap - Whalley range methodist church has room to accomodate up to 15 people. Probably around £20. - http://70.85.192.242/~whalleyr/index.php?id=21
Failing that, all pile into a big pub. I'm sure they would love the extra business - igunana bar - chorlton??

regards,

Dave