I am puzzled and wonder if anyone can shed some light in this.
I am managing a site that seems to have gone awol. There is a category-based
sidebar menu (using the standard categories widget) but clicking on any of
these either gave the same result (ie it presented the same page/post) or
resulted in a 404. Clicking on the Read More has the same effect. The UK
cookie check at the top doesn't retain its setting, even though /tmp is
writable on the server etc.
This occurred today so I rolled the site (tree and database) back to Saturday
and there is still a problem, even though AFAIK the site was working fine
then. I had added a .maintenance file into the docroot while restoring the
site and I have removed this. But now instead of the 404 I get the
maintenance message as if $upgrading is still valid!
Even funnier, I am using Suffusion and for some reason after upgrading that,
the head background became black. Now this should have gone back with the
restoring to the older version of the theme.
It isn't a local browser issue - I have seen the problem on 4 browsers. But
there would appear to be a corruption or something. .htaccess is set
You'll see what I mean at http://ayorkshirecook.com
BTW it has some great recipes when it's working!