November Meetup?

Ezwan Aizat Abdullah faiz

Nov 9, 2007, 3:53:00 AM11/9/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

So how about it, the November meetup?

15th November, 8:30pm
Starbucks at Centre Point Bandar Utama

Anyone up for it?

Regards,
Aizat

kamal

Nov 9, 2007, 4:27:08 AM11/9/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Wow, time really flies.

Anyway, I'm in.

MindValley guys? Now that RSpec already has committed StoryRunner to
trunk, this feature will be in the hands of all developers very soon.
Looking forward to you guys giving us all a head start :)

Regards,
kamal

On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Ezwan Aizat Abdullah faiz <aizat.f...@gmail.com>

ja...@mindvalley.com

Nov 10, 2007, 10:24:08 AM11/10/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
My Malay course will finish on Tuesday, so I'll actually be able to
make it this time. :-)

I've been back to coding PHP for a while but Arie has been plowing
ahead with a new application using the new StoryRunner along with
other BDD goodiness. I still need to confirm with him but on my part I
can promise to be there ready with a presentation/demo about BDD.

See you Thursday!

Janne

Arie Kusuma Atmaja

Nov 10, 2007, 10:54:11 AM11/10/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 10, 2007 11:24 PM, ja...@mindvalley.com <ja...@mindvalley.com> wrote:

> My Malay course will finish on Tuesday, so I'll actually be able to
> make it this time. :-)
>
> I've been back to coding PHP for a while but Arie has been plowing
> ahead with a new application using the new StoryRunner along with
> other BDD goodiness. I still need to confirm with him but on my part I
> can promise to be there ready with a presentation/demo about BDD.
>
> See you Thursday!

honestly i just opened up my dictionary dashboard for "plow" and oh,
janne, i'm taking that as a complement and exaggeration as i'm not as
discipline as you while i've been struggling hard writing from
storyrunner then spec (model) => controller => view and then start
coding + pusing kepala saya also while trying the new version of text
version storyrunner parsed by ruby which files go to which directories
and so and so. :-((

ok, i'm in (i was afraid to get lost again though actually, but not
anymore since janne has confirmed although i've gotta be ready to
always "run" again -_- hampir copot/lepas jantung saya ).

would be glad to participate and prepare questions for janne's BDD
presentation, sampai jumpa hari kamis malam ya.

> Janne

> On Nov 9, 5:27 pm, kamal <kamal.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Wow, time really flies.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm in.
> >
> > MindValley guys? Now that RSpec already has committed StoryRunner to
> > trunk, this feature will be in the hands of all developers very soon.
> > Looking forward to you guys giving us all a head start :)

hm, ya, jadi saya belajar dengan learning by doing sekarang ini. -_-
terutama untuk StoryRunner, ActionController sampai ke View Spec
(failure-nya masih banyak sangat)

> > Regards,
> > kamal

> > On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Ezwan Aizat Abdullah faiz <aizat.f...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Hi guys,
> >
> > > So how about it, the November meetup?
> >
> > > 15th November, 8:30pm
> > > Starbucks at Centre Point Bandar Utama
> >
> > > Anyone up for it?

quick question:
why is it more usual for you all guys to have a meetup on thursday
(not holiday) ? not saturday or sunday (holiday)

--
Arie | http://linkedin.com/in/ariekeren | http://profile.to/ariekeren
those rpsec guys should provide and_return(s) method without

kamal

Nov 14, 2007, 9:43:32 PM11/14/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Just a reminder that the meetup is happening today. For those that
can't make it, join the Skypecast at
https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=3562720
.. I can't promise about the audio quality. It tends to get a bit loud
in public places (who knew??!)

Regards,
kamal

On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Ezwan Aizat Abdullah faiz <aizat.f...@gmail.com>

sudirman hassan

Nov 15, 2007, 12:25:57 AM11/15/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
assert_equal(centre_point_bandar_utama, 1_utama) ??

there are 2 starbuck, ground floor and first floor. which one?

i'll try to make this time.

sudirman
013-3401864

--
-- deman

kamal

Nov 15, 2007, 3:42:09 AM11/15/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Centre Point is behind 1Utama, sorta. From LDP, enter the 1Utama
intersection and go all the way to the traffic light. Turn left and
continue until you see Centre Point on your left. Parking is free.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,
kamal

On Nov 15, 1:25 pm, "sudirman hassan" <dema...@gmail.com> wrote:
> assert_equal(centre_point_bandar_utama, 1_utama) ??
>
> there are 2 starbuck, ground floor and first floor. which one?
>
> i'll try to make this time.
>
> sudirman
> 013-3401864

kamal

Nov 15, 2007, 8:02:45 AM11/15/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
We're having some problems connecting to the Skypecast over the
timezone over here. We will be recording the presentation and have it
hosted later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
kamal

sudirman hassan

Nov 15, 2007, 8:37:59 PM11/15/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for coming late as well as not able to participate in the
conversation fully due to the present of my active son :)

All in all, I learn something news such as Merb.

Tq
sudir

--
-- deman

kamal

Nov 15, 2007, 10:21:13 PM11/15/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Thanks all for showing up yesterday. In the short history of
Malaysia.rb, the November 2007 meetup is the most successful one to
date. Lots of people and interesting discussion. Maybe someone would
like to summarize?

I've put up the pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7918&l=6373b&id=508258787

Din, I noticed you took pictures too. I'd be great if you could add
them to the Event page, as well as the Facebook group itself.

On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Ezwan Aizat Abdullah faiz <aizat.f...@gmail.com>

ja...@mindvalley.com

Nov 16, 2007, 2:40:37 AM11/16/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Yeah, thanks also on my part. Was cool to catch up with everyone and
hear some new thoughts on BDD, Merb and whatnot. I uploaded my
presentation on this group along with some short notes;
* http://malaysia-rb.googlegroups.com/web/Behavior_Driven_Development.pdf

See you around!

Janne

tslim

Nov 16, 2007, 6:25:59 AM11/16/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Thanks janne and arie for the presentation. At last, someone who knows
how to make a proper presentation/keynote. hehehe.