Malaysia.rb Mini Meetup 12 July 2007, 8PM

1 view

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 4:03:08 AM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
Malaysia.rb is having a mini meetup today.

Location: Starbucks, Bangsar Village II Level 3

Agenda:
=======
08:00 PM: Open announcements, lightning talks (anyone, just get up and
talk)
08:15 PM: Review of two new agile project management tools Acunote and
Mingle Early Access
08:40 PM: Discussion
08:45 PM: Brainstorm feature list of the Electoral App, review
available data
09:15 PM: Meeting over

Contacts: 012-3099143 (Kamal), 017-6908783 (Aizat)

KEGan

Jul 12, 2007, 6:48:38 AM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I dont see a Starbuck at Level 3. I think it's Level 2, same level with MPH. I had another meeting around here earlier, so I am here already, .... if anyone is coming early.

cheers,
~KEGan

sudirman hassan

Jul 12, 2007, 6:58:36 AM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
sorry, as mention earlier, i'm not able to attend. You guys have fun :)
Don't forget to report here the outcome of the meetup.

--
-- deman

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 2:03:50 PM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
My presentation slides are linked here http://blog.bitfluent.com/post/5588370

On Jul 12, 6:58 pm, "sudirman hassan" <dema...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, as mention earlier, i'm not able to attend. You guys have fun :)
> Don't forget to report here the outcome of the meetup.
>

> On 7/12/07, KEGan <khoon.ee....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi guys,
>
> > I dont see a Starbuck at Level 3. I think it's Level 2, same level with MPH.
> > I had another meeting around here earlier, so I am here already, .... if
> > anyone is coming early.
>
> > cheers,
> > ~KEGan

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 8:44:26 PM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
And the Acunote guys found it before I had a chance to shoot off an
email to them, http://blog.pluron.com/2007/07/acunote-review.html

On Jul 13, 2:03 am, kamal <kamal.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My presentation slides are linked herehttp://blog.bitfluent.com/post/5588370

KEGan

Jul 12, 2007, 9:14:54 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
That's really cool man!!

sudirman hassan

Jul 12, 2007, 9:15:46 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
kamal, wow. It must be very fun yesterday night. Wish I were there :"(

Maybe someday we can also have some kind of video recording, can post
to infoq somemore.

You use Apple? which one? How much you bought? Any good payment scheme
like 0% interest etc?

On 7/13/07, kamal <kamal...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
-- deman

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

Jul 12, 2007, 10:32:39 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 00:44 +0000, kamal wrote:
> And the Acunote guys found it before I had a chance to shoot off an
> email to them, http://blog.pluron.com/2007/07/acunote-review.html

Haha awesome! It looks like we are making a scene internationally for
malaysia.rb

Regards,
Aizat
--
aizat faiz: sleep to the power of zz -_-;;^zzz
rails symphonies - http://rails.aizatto.com/

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 11:02:03 PM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
> You use Apple? which one? How much you bought? Any good payment scheme
> like 0% interest etc?

I'm using the entry-level MacBook 1.83GHz C2D w/ 2GB RAM. RM4,399, 12-
month 0%, no surcharge, just really RM366.58 a month on Maybankard.
The only place I know offering this is the shop on the right of
machines in midvalley, that's where I bought it.

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

Jul 12, 2007, 11:06:04 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 03:02 +0000, kamal wrote:
> I'm using the entry-level MacBook 1.83GHz C2D w/ 2GB RAM.

2GB entry level? haha just like my entry level IBM ThinkPad r52 w/2GB
RAM :). Though its not a C2D :(

Regards,
Aizat
--
aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz
aizatto.com - http://aizatto.com

sudirman hassan

Jul 12, 2007, 11:18:34 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
so how's the macbook? no grouss? no regret?

i get "racun" when seeing lot of rails dev using mac :)

--
-- deman

sudirman hassan

Jul 12, 2007, 11:19:14 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
What's C2D? Sorry, I'm noob

On 7/13/07, Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz <aizat...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
-- deman

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

Jul 12, 2007, 11:20:42 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 11:19 +0800, sudirman hassan wrote:
> What's C2D? Sorry, I'm noob
Core 2 Duo

KEGan

Jul 12, 2007, 11:30:08 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
Deman,

Welcome to the club!! I am also "racun" into getting a MacBook Pro. Wait for my pay cheque this month :-)

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 11:30:24 PM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
I added 1GB actually. It came with 1GB in one stick.

On Jul 13, 11:06 am, Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

kamal

Jul 12, 2007, 11:32:09 PM7/12/07
to Malaysia Ruby Brigade
I came from using a 1st gen 12" PowerBook G4, so the speed is a much
welcomed feature. No regrets.

On Jul 13, 11:18 am, "sudirman hassan" <dema...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so how's the macbook? no grouss? no regret?
>
> i get "racun" when seeing lot of rails dev using mac :)
>

> On 7/13/07, Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz <aizat.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 03:02 +0000, kamal wrote:
> > > I'm using the entry-level MacBook 1.83GHz C2D w/ 2GB RAM.
>
> > 2GB entry level? haha just like my entry level IBM ThinkPad r52 w/2GB
> > RAM :). Though its not a C2D :(
>
> > Regards,
> > Aizat
> > --
> > aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz

> --
> -- deman

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

Jul 12, 2007, 11:44:42 PM7/12/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 11:30 +0800, KEGan wrote:
> Welcome to the club!! I am also "racun" into getting a MacBook Pro. Wait for my pay cheque this month :-)

Oh noes, with everyone getting a Mac I'm tempted to get one as well now
>_<;;

If only my employer would buy one for me... /me rolls eyes

Which reminds me, we should probably start planting our rails seeds in
the local Mac Community ( http://mymug.org/ ).

Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz

Jul 13, 2007, 12:29:14 AM7/13/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 09:15 +0800, sudirman hassan wrote:
> kamal, wow. It must be very fun yesterday night. Wish I were there :"(
Thanks to the Mindvalley team we have 1 picture (applause).

http://flickr.com/photos/aizatto/793516585/

Picture not taken by me,

kean

Jul 13, 2007, 6:50:49 AM7/13/07
to malay...@googlegroups.com
Kamal, thanks for the sharing for the acunote vs mingle ppt file.

ken