Re: Replicator 2 Shipping Time Thread

Zk

Nov 11, 2012, 10:53:08 PM11/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Contacted them a few times (both pre- and post- storm) and they keep insisting that 4-6 weeks is accurate.

October 11

No Shipping Notification

No Printer

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:02:44 PM UTC-5, Sean J wrote:
I've seen a few posts on other threads asking those who have received their Replicator 2s about the shipping time.

I propose using this thread to track that information so that those of us who are still waiting patiently for our printers can get a sense of when we might receive our orders.

I'll start...

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: (not yet)

Printer Arrived: (not yet)

Jason Preuss

Nov 12, 2012, 6:08:02 AM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Ordered September 22

On November 11 my order status changed to shipped (no email notification yet)

Printer not yet arrived (no fedex estimate yet)

Message has been deleted

David Mytchak

Nov 12, 2012, 8:47:38 AM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Replicator 2 Order Date: September 28, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: (not yet)

Printer Arrived: (not yet)

Percentage of hair loss since order: 42.39 %

Eighty

Nov 12, 2012, 8:53:55 AM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
They've already gone beyond 6 weeks on my order, and I still haven't heard anything from MBI. They keep promising to be "sending out an update very soon with more information and specifics".
Ordered September 28
No shipping notification
No printer

Big-E

Nov 12, 2012, 9:34:36 AM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Makerbot Replicator 2

Order placed via phone and receipt received via E-mail: October 8th

Shipping notification: not yet

Original shipping deadline is marked on my calendar. One week from today.

Obviously, I don't have my printer yet. Waiting for the original deadline to pass before I call and inquire on the status of my order.

Infinityplusplus

Nov 12, 2012, 9:48:33 AM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Ordered mine : September 25th. No shipping information as of now.

I did ask for an update last week and was told that they did not expect to go out past 7 weeks, which is tomorrow for me.

waiting patiently is hard, but I'm giving it my best.

Big-E

Nov 12, 2012, 7:02:21 PM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Just got another e-mail from MakerBot,

In the message they say that while they are still recovering from Sandy's wrath, they are getting back to pre-storm production levels, and they are working hard to get the Replicators out to those who have been waiting.

If you have any doubts at to whether or not MakerBot reps read this forum, now you know.
They probably saw this thread.

-Big-E

Big Bonenfant

Nov 12, 2012, 7:26:48 PM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
I got mine in October - Think At least 5 weeks before it ships -
Mine was ready to ship in 5 weeks - Then was at Makerbot Waiting on Fedex for 3 days and then normal shipping of 1 week time
The storm didnt effect my order either it was before that hit
So in 6 weeks from when your order was place you should have it - Unless you pay for overnight or something on those lines

Another note if you really want one bad just drive to The Big Apple and pick one up from there store - Except you have to pay sales Tax :-(

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:02:44 PM UTC-5, Sean J wrote:
I've seen a few posts on other threads asking those who have received their Replicator 2s about the shipping time.

I propose using this thread to track that information so that those of us who are still waiting patiently for our printers can get a sense of when we might receive our orders.

I'll start...

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Eighty

Nov 12, 2012, 11:10:41 PM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I got the same email today. I was hoping for something more along the lines of, "your printer is approximately xx days away from being ready." I just don't understand why we're having to wait so long, but they have printers at the store.

Henry Frear

Nov 12, 2012, 11:50:18 PM11/12/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
I ordered mine on September 20th, bothered MBI 4 times for updates which they insisted they would email me tracking numbers when it left. I travel a lot for work and wanted to be home to sign for it. Well last Thursday I got home and there was the FedEx door tag... Luckily I didn't need to leave until noon on Friday and was able to take delivery of it.

I still have not received a shipped confirmation from MBI and I actually received the same letter that many of you have saying it will be shipped out soon... I get the feeling things are a bit disorganized around there, I won't complain if the send a second one ;) .

Infinityplusplus

Nov 13, 2012, 7:38:28 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I was actually bothered by the having printers at the physical store as well. even before the storm, i was waiting while printers sat in the store. Seems like you should take care of the customers who already paid first.

Doogiekr

Nov 13, 2012, 7:42:54 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
"Seems like you should take care of the customers who already paid first."

+1!

Big-E

Nov 13, 2012, 10:08:41 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:38:28 AM UTC-6, Infinityplusplus wrote:
I was actually bothered by the having printers at the physical store as well. even before the storm, i was waiting while printers sat in the store. Seems like you should take care of the customers who already paid first.

While I sort of feel the same way, to their defense, Technically, they did pay for the printer already, it's merchandise waiting in their store so they can sell it, and make that expense back. They probably allocated X-amount of printers for in-store stock. kind of pointless to have a brick-and-mortar location with no printers on hand to sell to an eager customer.

On the other hand, post-Sandy, most of the potential customers out there are probably spending money on things like new furniture, cars, clothes and food, you know, all the stuff they need to replace now. The purchase of a 3D printer probably isn't high on the list of the potential consumers out there.

Avandss

Nov 13, 2012, 10:10:48 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Are you guys sure you can pick up a bot In store without waiting? Seriously considering driving down and just canceling my online order ... I don't care about the tax part. I want my bot lol

Why would they do that while we wait 6-7 weeks?

Hugh Johnson

Nov 13, 2012, 10:23:52 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I don't know for sure but someone posted that the store only takes orders just like the site. You can't walk out with a rep2.

On Nov 13, 2012, at 7:10 AM, Avandss <shayan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you guys sure you can pick up a bot In store without waiting? Seriously considering driving down and just canceling my online order ... I don't care about the tax part. I want my bot lol
>
> Why would they do that while we wait 6-7 weeks?

Doogiekr

Nov 13, 2012, 10:43:02 AM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Someone posted in a different thread that they bought one by walking into the store... Of course i dont know if there are currently any at the store, but if i remember right the person that posted about buying one said they had stacks of them to sell to walk in customers...

Ben McCallum

Nov 13, 2012, 12:28:30 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Hi Everyone,
My name is Ben, I'm the support manager at MakerBot. I'm jumping in to let you all know that we hear you: it seems that a number of people have reported not receiving shipping confirmation for their orders before they arrived. We're very sorry about that. We've looked into this issue and we've made improvements to our order confirmation system, and we'll be reaching out to all of our customers whose orders have recently been shipped to make sure those shipping confirmations get through successfully.

I also want to assure you all that we're currently shipping on time, and we don't expect that to change - Sandy was a serious setback for MakerBot and our community as well as the tri-state area in general.
We've been working diligently to get orders out on time, and so far we're very happy to say there haven't been any delays to our original projected lead time. That said, if it seems that there's any chance that we'll fall behind our projected lead times, we'll be sure to let anyone affected know as soon as possible, and we'll keep you all posted on our shipping status.

We're all grateful for your understanding while we get back on our feet in the aftermath of Sandy.  We can't wait to get these bots out to you to see what amazing things you'll make with them. If you have any questions about your order status, please always feel free to email us at sup...@makerbot.com - we'll be happy to provide you with an update, at MakerBot customer satisfaction is our number one priority!

Sincerely,
Ben McCallum
MakerBot Support

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:02:44 PM UTC-5, Sean J wrote:
I've seen a few posts on other threads asking those who have received their Replicator 2s about the shipping time.

I propose using this thread to track that information so that those of us who are still waiting patiently for our printers can get a sense of when we might receive our orders.

I'll start...

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: (not yet)

Printer Arrived: (not yet)

NOTICE: This email may contain information that is confidential or attorney-client privileged and may constitute inside information or trade secrets. The contents of this email are intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are directed not to read, disclose, distribute or otherwise use this transmission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission. Delivery of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privileges.

Jason Preuss

Nov 13, 2012, 1:20:40 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Update

Ordered September 22, Shipped November 9, received email from Makerbot November 12, Delivered November 13.

I have next week off so the critical thing to me was that it arrived this week, which it did.

Eighty

Nov 13, 2012, 2:06:56 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Ben,

Thanks for the information, but I must admit I'm a bit confused.  You said, "and so far we're very happy to say there haven't been any delays to our original projected lead time".  But I'm already at 6 1/2 weeks - past the 4-6 week window that was advertised when I made my purchase.  As far as I know, my order hasn't shipped.  And you can see that some others have the same issue.
I hope I don't sound gruff, because I don't intend to be.  We're just trying to plan our time, and can't seem to get any real answers.

David Mytchak

Nov 13, 2012, 2:24:22 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Eighty,

I'm anxious also but reminding myself that they had a huge storm, new product line, new assembly, new suppliers, etc.   That's a boat load of thing that could easily go haywire in a moments notice.  I'm on week 7 (Order September 28th), anxious as hell, and pulling my hair out.   Hope this helps.

-David

Avandss

Nov 13, 2012, 4:56:00 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
That's understandable. Btw Ben @ makerbot is a great guy!!

David Mytchak

Nov 13, 2012, 9:48:00 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Yeppie! I ordered my the day after yours. I'm interested in the timing of the two. I'll post my updates for others to baseline.

Infinityplusplus

Nov 13, 2012, 10:41:19 PM11/13/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. I still haven't seen anything on my order from sept 25th. Wonder what the deal is?

David Mytchak

Nov 14, 2012, 2:09:22 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Just received shipping notification!

Ordered 28th of September
Received FedEx info Nov 14th.
Delivered: Tbd

Infinityplusplus

Nov 14, 2012, 3:51:57 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
just got my shipping email as well.

Ordered 25th of September

Steve

Nov 14, 2012, 4:01:00 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Looks like they have just about cleared September Orders. :-)

Anybody order during the first week or so in October?

Eighty

Nov 14, 2012, 4:48:52 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'm not sure where they are with shipping.  Based on other feedback, today they're shipping some 9/25 orders and some 9/28 orders.  I also ordered on 9/28, and they just told me, "Great News!  It looks like your order will ship this week!"  I've asked for clarification (i.e., does that mean today, or Friday), but no response yet.

Eighty

Nov 14, 2012, 4:52:07 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
WAIT!  I pressed "Post Reply" and refreshed my order status on the website.  It now shows as packed and shipped.  So put me down for:
Ordered 9/28
Shipped 11/14 (6 weeks and 5 days)
Not yet received

Ben McCallum

Nov 14, 2012, 4:58:47 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the replies. I checked on all the orders I could here and it looks like just about all have been shipped or are on the way out the door.

Eighty, I wasn't able to dig yours up by screen name. Can you contact me so I can check on it? Send an email to sup...@makerbot.com attn:Ben and I'll get this sorted out for you.

Thanks
Ben

lovmac

Nov 14, 2012, 5:35:11 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Same order date here

Bill

Nov 14, 2012, 5:38:05 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ordered October 19th
Shipping notice: Not yet received
Printer arrived: No

Bill

Nov 14, 2012, 5:38:05 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

joseph rueter

Nov 14, 2012, 5:52:57 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Replicator 2 Order Date : October 20, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: Not quite yet

Printer : Not yet

Bill wrote:
Replicator 2 Order Date : October 15, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: Not quite yet

Printer : Not yet

David Mytchak

Nov 14, 2012, 6:25:04 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
This is like waiting for a new iPhone/iPad.   Lots of excitement and anxiety.

Thanks for the updates Ben!   It is much appreciated.

joseph rueter

Nov 14, 2012, 6:38:44 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Agree... thanks Ben. Looking forward.

November 14, 2012 5:25 PM
This is like waiting for a new iPhone/iPad.   Lots of excitement and anxiety.

Thanks for the updates Ben!   It is much appreciated.

Steve

Nov 14, 2012, 8:45:06 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Ben McCallum :

It looks like you guys are making good progress working through the September Replicator 2 orders. :-)

Can you give us an estimate of when you might be delivering orders from the middle of October?
e.g. about how long to get out the next two weeks worth?

On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:13:12 PM UTC-8, ktraphagen wrote:
My order date was September 26, Received on November 14th.

Build plate may have slight warp, working with support about that. They've been great with answering questions today.

Karyn

Eighty

Nov 14, 2012, 11:29:58 PM11/14/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Update:
My order is now in the UPS tracking system (ground).
Ordered 9/28
Shipped 11/14 (6 wks 5 dys)
Scheduled delivery 11/19 (7 wks 3 dys)

Sean J

Nov 16, 2012, 4:23:57 PM11/16/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Update:

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: November 15, 2012

Estimated Delivery Date: November 23, 2012 (7 weeks, 2 days)

Printer Arrived: (not yet)

Steve

Nov 16, 2012, 5:00:52 PM11/16/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Great news, they are now shipping October Orders. Does anyone have an order placed during the second week of October?

 .

Big-E

Nov 16, 2012, 11:54:01 PM11/16/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Yes, I ordered mine on October 8th, No shipping notification yet. I'll post here when I get one.

Steve

Nov 17, 2012, 12:45:52 AM11/17/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Big-E

I would expect that Thanksgiving week would be slow, but you gotta be getting close.

David Mytchak

Nov 19, 2012, 10:20:31 AM11/19/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Ordered 28th of September
Received FedEx info Nov 14th.
Delivered: ON TRUCK FOR DELIVERY TODAY!!!

I'm so excited about to wet my pants!

Eighty

Nov 19, 2012, 11:38:01 AM11/19/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Final update:
Ordered September 28
Shipped November 14
Received November 19

It's here!!!!

Seb-M

Nov 20, 2012, 8:47:56 AM11/20/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Update

Replicator 2 Order Date : October 03, 2012

Shipping Notification Received : November 20, 2012

Printer arrived : Not yet

Jens Willy Johannsen

Nov 21, 2012, 6:01:57 AM11/21/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Replicator 2 ordered: October 9, 2012
Shipped: (not yet)

... and the six weeks have just passed so I'm hoping it will be shipped soon.

DrGlassDPM

Nov 21, 2012, 10:49:03 PM11/21/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ordered October 6th
Received Shipping: no
Delivery Date: no

DrGlassDPM

Nov 23, 2012, 3:33:29 PM11/23/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Update:

Ordered October 6th
Received Shipping: Yes (today)
Delivery Date: no

Big-E

Nov 23, 2012, 5:06:15 PM11/23/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
contacted Makerbot support the other day wanting to know the status of my order, I was told it will ship by Wednesday at the latest.
 Will give an update as soon as it ships.

Sean J

Nov 23, 2012, 7:18:06 PM11/23/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
New Update: IT'S HERE!

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: November 15, 2012

Estimated Delivery Date: November 23, 2012 (7 weeks, 2 days)

Printer Arrived: November 23, 2012 (7 weeks, 2 days)

Printing Mr Jaws right now!

Doogiekr

Nov 24, 2012, 2:41:12 AM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
For anyone watching this thread thinking about buying one... It appears that Makershed has Rep2s in stock and ready to ship out now... Seems to be same price as well...

http://www.makershed.com/MakerBot_Replicator_2_3D_Printer_p/dsmb03.htm?Click=37845

Big-E

Nov 24, 2012, 10:22:03 AM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
After waiting for two months, and no shipping notification yet, that's downright criminal.

Guess if I want to order a 2nd one, I'll be ordering from Makershed. It's sad when a 3rd party can get these things to customers quicker than the company that makes them.
I've also noticed there's a 30-day lead time for PLA filament from MakerBot now. This is just getting sad.

Infinityplusplus

Nov 24, 2012, 11:22:39 AM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

FWIW I have been using utimaker PLA in mine without any issues. price is roughly the same and the tolerance seems very good. I recieved it in about 5 days after ordering it. Plus I was able to get black and silver.

Rich Thompson

Nov 24, 2012, 12:54:59 PM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Arrived today, 11/24. Printing a comb now.

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:53:24 AM UTC-6, Rich Thompson wrote:
Ordered October 5th
Received Shipping Notice November 21st
Delivery Date Soon(tm)

Big-E

Nov 24, 2012, 12:56:28 PM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up; I've looked into Ultimaker before, and I have them bookmarked (re: the thread about US-sourced filament) I fully intend to purchase filament form these guys. It's all Made in the USA too, from the plastic source to the guys that extrude it into filament. Yet another reason to go with these guys.

joseph rueter

Nov 24, 2012, 4:31:52 PM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Seems crazy from the outside.
Does anyone know something other than the standard explanations?

Big-E

Nov 24, 2012, 6:31:54 PM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
They probably were affected by Sandy, That explains some of it. From the look of things the Replicator 2's lead time is about a week behind schedule from what I've been able to tell. As for PLA filament needing a month's worth of lead time, I don't know. Vendor problems? inventory getting soaked by flood waters? I can only speculate. MakerShed can ship them fast because they have them in inventory. Perhaps they places a large order early on? I dunno.

Eighty

Nov 24, 2012, 8:17:18 PM11/24/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
If memory serves, and it usually doesn't, the 30-day lead time on MBI filament was started prior to Sandy.

joseph rueter

Nov 25, 2012, 12:21:13 AM11/25/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
So... we should all cancel our orders with makerbot and buy from
makershed thereby making less profit a reality for makerbot?

Steve

Nov 25, 2012, 12:51:05 AM11/25/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Since MakerShed just started offering the printers, perhaps they placed an order
for several machines some time ago, waited for delivery like everyone else, and is now selling
them. No problem with that.

MakerBot has treated me well, and rather than jump to negative conclusions
I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone else have any more order timeline information? It sure helps to see how things are flowing through the pipeline..

 .

joseph rueter

Nov 25, 2012, 1:06:32 AM11/25/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I hear you. They have been really really good to me too.

That order from MAKE would have needed to be on wholesale to make business sense, right?
I just got the Make Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing in the mail today.

The retail store is in front of the web orders and the wholesale orders are too? It's good to know.
Why not let everyone know?

Adam Nerva

Nov 26, 2012, 2:09:22 PM11/26/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Ordered Oct 4th, arrived today!

Big-E

Nov 26, 2012, 3:21:34 PM11/26/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:21:20 PM UTC-6, josephrueter wrote:
So... we should all cancel our orders with makerbot and buy from
makershed thereby making less profit a reality for makerbot?

Only if you use it for recreational purposes.

For someone trying to make things for a living with it, time is money. Is waiting two months when you don't need to worth the loss of productivity? I don't think so. I've had to push my plans back a few times due to the wait time. Despite this, I have yet to cancel my order.

Less profit for Makerbot? Seriously? You do know that MBI makes money off each printer, whether it's sold at their store, their website, or MakerShed, right?  Nobody gets a printer until it's paid for (unless you order directly from them over the phone or on the web, apparently).

Seriously, all this MBI cheerleading is out of hand in this forum. The very thought that buying from another vendor other than MBI somehow puts them in the poorhouse is akin to the allegory of Plato's Cave. They make money off every printer they make. it doesn't leave the factory unless it's been paid in full.

Next thing you know people will be complaining about the sale of a used makerbot printer, claimng we need to pay for it every time it changes hands. Lots of people here use 3rd party filament, but nobody complains that MBI isn't making money when you buy filament from another source. Hypocrisy, I say!

I also got the Make 3D printing issue the other day; I'm starting to consider other machines for future purchases. My opinion may change, when I actually get the printer and filament I paid for, and use it for myself.

Main point of this post, I'd rather get what I paid for sooner than later, if that means ordering from Makershed in the future rather than straight form the manufacturer, so be it.

funmakerBart

Nov 26, 2012, 3:38:09 PM11/26/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Are there people making a profit with it!?!

dollarsignsineyesBart

Big-E

Nov 26, 2012, 6:47:48 PM11/26/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, November 26, 2012 2:38:09 PM UTC-6, funmakerBart wrote:
Are there people making a profit with it!?!

dollarsignsineyesBart

Yes indeed, people can earn a profit with a Replicator. All you need to do is make something useful with it, and sell it.

For one example, you only need to look at Makerbot's blog:

"Ok, so the iPad mini is all but a foreign device to most of America, as most people have seen it on Apple’s website or held one at best because it is so new.  However, Pixil 3D is on the grind again making consumer products as quickly as possible, and the iPad mini case is at the top of the list.  We have prototyped 3 different ones in the past couple days printing 4-5 different renditions of each.  Our Makerbot Replicator 2 is dialed in and we’re a few hours away from confidently selling our latest design for the iPad Mini.  Who wants one?"

It's a tool. What the end-user uses it for can result in cool trinkets, art, diy, or even a profitable consumer product.

Avandss

Nov 27, 2012, 10:18:22 AM11/27/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Ordered October 16th

Received Shipping: no
Delivery Date: no

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:02:44 PM UTC-5, Sean J wrote:
I've seen a few posts on other threads asking those who have received their Replicator 2s about the shipping time.

I propose using this thread to track that information so that those of us who are still waiting patiently for our printers can get a sense of when we might receive our orders.

I'll start...

Replicator 2 Order Date: October 3, 2012

Shipping Notification Received: (not yet)

Printer Arrived: (not yet)

Big-E

Nov 27, 2012, 11:15:47 AM11/27/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Time for an update!

Replicator 2

Date Ordered: October 8th
Shipping info received: November 27th

just to note, I have two packages coming, the other is probably the extra filament I ordered with the printer

DrGlassDPM

Nov 27, 2012, 7:15:40 PM11/27/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Ordered October 6th
Received Shipping: November 23rd
Delivery Date: Today (November 27th)

:-)

Jens Willy Johannsen

Nov 28, 2012, 5:14:26 AM11/28/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Update:

Ordered: October 9
Shipped: November 27

Steve

Nov 29, 2012, 11:57:39 AM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com

Ryan:

Since they just shipped an order from Oct 9, you should be very close. Looking foreword
to hearing when you get the shipping notice so we can see how fast they are clearing orders.

 .

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:47:49 PM UTC-8, Ryan Gerrish wrote:
Excited to get mine!

Ordered: October 12th

Delivered: Nope

Darrell jan

Nov 29, 2012, 12:17:15 PM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Big E,

I'm with you. Last summer I chose the Replicator over other printers, not because it was the best deal or the best printer, but because MakerShed emailed me and said they had them in stock. The printer arrived in less than a week. Everything else I read had people waiting for months ( like they are here, but also for Cube, Solidoodle, etc.).

Darrell

Big-E

Nov 29, 2012, 12:32:06 PM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and due to shipping delays with UPS, My printer is supposed to show up by December 3rd, it was originally going to show by the 30th. Sandy really made a mess of things.

Steve

Nov 29, 2012, 5:22:54 PM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Big-E

I have not heard about UPS shipping delays. Where are you located? Are the delays location related
or is there something still effecting shipments out of NYC?

 .

Big-E

Nov 29, 2012, 8:07:48 PM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Wisconsin, my order was held up In New Jersey. It was originally supposed to show up tomorrow, but when it got to Jersey, UPS posted an exception and my delivery date disappeared. Under "Activity", it said:

Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay

as of today, they updated the arrival date, it's due to show up on December 3rd.

If your order passes through Secaucus, NJ, expect a delay.

Steve

Nov 29, 2012, 11:06:06 PM11/29/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Big - E:  Thanks for the update. I am on the west coast and signed up for air delivery instead of ground. I did not want the thing rattling
around in the back of a truck for a week. I do not know if that method goes through Secaucus or not.

Has anyone else received shipping notifications this week?

 .

Steve

Dec 1, 2012, 1:12:55 PM12/1/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Did anyone get a shipping notice last Thursday or Friday?

 .

On Friday, November 30, 2012 11:21:29 AM UTC-8, Mark McGovern wrote:
FYI, I contacted Maker Shed today and they no longer have Rep2s in stock.  Like the rest of us, they do not know when they will get their next shipment in.  They do have some Rep1 still in stock, however.

Order Date: November 1
Shipping Notification Received:  TBD
Delivery Date: TBD

Michael Masterson

Dec 2, 2012, 1:52:49 AM12/2/12
to make...@googlegroups.com, se...@mordaga.com
Ordered Oct. 6th.

Shipping: Nov. 23rd

Arrived: Dec. 1st

Avandss

Dec 3, 2012, 8:19:04 AM12/3/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Any updates? What date are they at?

It must be going faster and faster every day I presume.

Chris Pittman

Dec 3, 2012, 10:34:28 AM12/3/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Still waiting for mine (ordered October 15th), hopefully any day now.  Saw a bunch on display, printing various objects at Autodesk University last week.

Big-E

Dec 3, 2012, 8:23:14 PM12/3/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Update:

Replicator 2

Date Ordered: October 8th
Shipping info received: November 27th

My extra filament showed up as well. Will be setting it up and starting first prints tomorrow! :)

Steve

Dec 3, 2012, 9:51:47 PM12/3/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone received a shipping notice for Replicator 2's ordered between October 11 and October 18?

 .

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 4, 2012, 3:55:19 AM12/4/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Nope, mine was ordered the 12th, no shipping info yet...

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 4, 2012, 1:28:03 PM12/4/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to report SHIPPING CONFIRMATION today!

Ordered: October 12th
Shipping: December 4th
Arrived: Soon..

Steve

Dec 5, 2012, 1:11:40 PM12/5/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

 .

Based on the information above it looks like the lead time for orders is within the 8 weeks quoted on the
web site, but has been slowly moving out. Data points for October 15 and October 20 orders will let us know
if the trend of slowly increasing lead times holds, or if production and demand are starting to balance out.
Anyone have Orders from the October 15-20 area?

OrderDate       Ship Date        Lead Time            Order Delay vs Shipping Delay

Oct  3                   Nov 15         6 weeks

Oct  6                   Nov 23         7 weeks                 Order 3 days later than above, ships 8 days later.

Oct  8                   Nov 27         7 weeks                 Order 2 days later than above, ships 4 days later.

Oct 12                  Dec 4           7.5 weeks              Order 4 days later than above, ships 7 days later.

Oct 15                     -                      -                                -

Oct 20                     -                      -                                -

 .

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:29:47 AM UTC-8, Jess wrote:
I ordered on October 12th and just received shiping info as well.

Jess

Dec 5, 2012, 7:00:55 PM12/5/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ordered - October 12th
Received Shipping Notice - December 4th
Delivered - December 5th

Avandss

Dec 6, 2012, 4:19:53 PM12/6/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
i ordered mine on the 17th of October.... i can no longer wait, its now officially painful......

Steve

Dec 7, 2012, 3:32:46 PM12/7/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Avandss:

You are getting close, perhaps another week or two...

Steve

Dec 8, 2012, 12:13:30 AM12/8/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Irish:

Don't worry too much about it. Two weeks ago the sales guys told me it would 'ship Tuesday or Wednesday' and to call back if it didn't. I called back as directed and was told... 'it will ship next Tuesday or Wednesday'. That would have been this week. No shipment notice this week either. The sales guys are well .. sales guys. The good news is that the support people seem really good, and focused on real customer support. I have been impressed with the responsiveness of the support team. Once you get a printer there is good support from the company, and a number of great people in this group who are very helpful.

On Friday, December 7, 2012 4:25:42 PM UTC-8, Irish wrote:
Well, I ordered my Replicator 2 this afternoon Dec. 7 2012 we'll see how long it takes.

I had a conversation with their sales department as their website won't work with MS Explorer. I had to switch to Firefox in order to place my order. I questioned the lead time and got a real vague "we are trying to improve on it." Don't feel bad Solidoodle is as bad or worse it seems. Must be something to do with the industry.

drando...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2012, 1:09:29 PM12/8/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
FYI I know people have mentioned it but I wanted to confirm for everyone that the makerbot store in NYC had Replicator2's in stock(10) as well as just about every filament they sell. I was in the city for business and decided to fill my suitcase with filament to take home. I would have gotten a rep2 but I'm still happy with my rep1XL.

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 8, 2012, 3:07:02 PM12/8/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I received mine today in Oregon from NY! Going to go unbox right now!

Ordered: October 12th
Shipping info received: December 4th
Rep2 received: December 8th

Steve

Dec 9, 2012, 12:11:42 AM12/9/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Ryan:

How did it go? Are you getting some good prints?

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 9, 2012, 7:08:37 PM12/9/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
I started a new thread with my results, which are decent! As I guessed, little bugs to iron out until I learn what makes it happy, but the successful prints look great. :)

Avandss

Dec 11, 2012, 1:57:15 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
any updates? I feel like everyone got theirs except me

Oct 17 should never have waited so long!

Avandss

Dec 11, 2012, 1:57:15 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

Antti N

Dec 11, 2012, 5:57:34 AM12/11/12
to MakerBot Operators
I'm still waiting too, you are not alone :)

I ordered Oct 19

Jabu

Dec 11, 2012, 6:53:47 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com

19th Oct for me too. Still waiting...

Chris Pittman

Dec 11, 2012, 11:09:46 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Still waiting too (Ordered Oct 15) - emailed support on Friday but haven't received a response yet.  Past the 4-6 week lead time outlined when ordered.

joseph rueter

Dec 11, 2012, 11:12:55 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ditto, No word.
Ordered Oct 20th. 7 weeks waiting as of last Saturday.

Avandss

Dec 11, 2012, 11:36:06 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
its like the later the date the longer the lead time! i would think there would be less and less orders after the initial push....

just called them, they said they are almost finished the 14th getting to 15....

Bill

Dec 11, 2012, 11:59:34 AM12/11/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Ordered on the 19th of oct. I called last week and they said they're one week beyond that original 6 week quite. As of today, we're past the 7 week mark.
It is loading more messages.