KinectToSTL Equivalent for Linux

Physics_Dude

Dec 2, 2011, 7:50:06 PM12/2/11
to MakerBot Operators
Happily printing and designing things on my MakerBot, I recently
acquired a Kinect solely for hacking and got the basic libfreenect
examples running.
I would like to start printing scans from the Kinect to my MakerBot,
but the only way I've found how to is through KinectToSTL and that is
only for Mac. I mainly use Linux, but also may use Windows.

So I ask if anyone knows of any other relatively simple ways to print
3D scans from a Kinect, without a Mac?

MisterHay

Dec 8, 2011, 9:42:17 AM12/8/11
to MakerBot Operators
Have you tried Autodesk's beta of 123D Catch?
http://www.123dapp.com/catch

I've been meaning to try it out, apparently it makes a 3D model from a
series of photographs.

DH