One of Brian Reifsnyder's wonderful Aluminum idler wheels

Martin Bogomolni

Jul 7, 2010, 7:56:09 PM7/7/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
I ordered one of Brian's idler wheels a couple days ago, and it
arrived in the mail today. It's a wonderful piece of engineering,
and beautiful to boot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinbogo/4772962676
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinbogo/4772323971

Excellent work, and I look forward to installing this + the MK5 feed
pulley. Should make for very precise feed, and monster torque.

Tony Buser has an excellent blog article on these idler wheels at :
http://tonybuser.com/indestructible-aluminum-idler-wheel

You can reach Brian to order one of these at : reifs...@hotmail.com

-Martin

JohnA.

Jul 7, 2010, 9:05:07 PM7/7/10
to MakerBot Operators
We're using a double thickness aluminum wheel on the bot with a mk5
gear - a regular (non-grooved) thickness wheel had a tendency to skip
the filament off it with the new gear.

JohnA.

On Jul 7, 7:56 pm, Martin Bogomolni <martinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ordered one of Brian's idler wheels a couple days ago, and it
> arrived in the mail today.   It's a wonderful piece of engineering,
> and beautiful to boot.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinbogo/4772962676http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinbogo/4772323971
>
> Excellent work, and I look forward to installing this + the MK5 feed
> pulley.   Should make for very precise feed, and monster torque.
>
> Tony Buser has an excellent blog article on these idler wheels at :http://tonybuser.com/indestructible-aluminum-idler-wheel
>
> You can reach Brian to order one of these at : reifsnyd...@hotmail.com
>
> -Martin

Martin Bogomolni

Jul 7, 2010, 9:19:06 PM7/7/10
to make...@googlegroups.com, MakerBot Operators
Yeah.. I think the groove will make all the difference. I'm also thinking of having Brian make me one with a textured/knurled surface as a test.

-Martin

beverageexpert

Jul 7, 2010, 9:21:17 PM7/7/10
to MakerBot Operators
I have had mine for about 3 months. Very nice work indeed

On Jul 7, 9:19 pm, Martin Bogomolni <martinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah.. I think the groove will make all the difference.  I'm also thinking of having Brian make me one with a textured/knurled surface as a test.
>
> -Martin
>
> On Jul 7, 2010, at 8:05 PM, "JohnA." <john.abe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We're using a double thickness aluminum wheel on the bot with a mk5
> > gear - a regular (non-grooved) thickness wheel had a tendency to skip
> > the filament off it with the new gear.
>
> > JohnA.
>
> > On Jul 7, 7:56 pm, Martin Bogomolni <martinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I ordered one of Brian's idler wheels a couple days ago, and it
> >> arrived in the mail today.   It's a wonderful piece of engineering,
> >> and beautiful to boot.
>
> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinbogo/4772962676http://www.flickr.c...

Mark Cohen

Jul 8, 2010, 10:26:16 AM7/8/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
That’s all I use.
You should check out his big head nozzles. He makes them with a small tip on
the end which really is good as it stops the base of the normal head from
hitting the plastic. Only this little tip might come into contact so very
little plastic is pushed. Also it is easier to see how far you are from the
platform when setting up the print. He now has .35 and .4 stamped with the
numbers on the side on ebay for about $6. I just ordered these smaller
sizes. He also has a website he sells off of which was mentioned in some
earlier posts.

--Mark

neoteric

Jul 12, 2010, 8:22:22 PM7/12/10
to MakerBot Operators
Does he have a website

Sonny Mounicou

Jul 12, 2010, 11:57:21 PM7/12/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
I just got mine in the mail tonight and installed it. I'm finally
able to use the mk5 gear. I couldn't get the mk5 gear to do anything
with the acrylic idlers. The quality is top notch and it works great!

I'm able to extrude like there is no tomorrow. No more cracked idlers!!!!

torrey.smith

Jul 13, 2010, 11:44:48 AM7/13/10
to MakerBot Operators
Here here to no more cracked idlers!

I modified my acrylic idler to have concave geometry and it worked
great until the crack.

I'm surprised this is the first time I've personally seen Brian's good
work.

Will Brown

Jul 13, 2010, 1:19:42 PM7/13/10
to MakerBot Operators
FWIW, I've got my MK5 gear working really, really well with the double
acrylic idler wheel, although I'm still tempted by these aluminum ones
-- they look beautiful!