Bre and Adam at Siggraph in LA this week

Jerry Isdale

Jul 26, 2010, 1:24:59 AM7/26/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
Bre and Adam are demonstrating the Makerbot at Siggraph this week. They have a couple bots running, including one with the new Mk 5 extruder prototype.... very cool.

Their table is set up in the hallway/exhibit area between the South and West halls, outside of The Studio/Emerging Technologies. In the same area are the DIYLILCNC folks ($700 cnc machine), a whole bunch of commercial 3D printers, some folks showing how to make "Inflateables" (painters plastic + soldering iron + air pump = DIY balloons in shapes of your design), wearable fabric electronics folks (come learn to make some), and the GigaPixel folks (massive mosaic making hardware/software).

This area is NOT a badge controlled area - essentially open to anyone walking through the convention center. If you are attending siggraph, definitely come by. If you are in the LA area, defiantly walk on over and say hello.

Bo Lorentzen

Jul 26, 2010, 4:02:25 PM7/26/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
Jerry,

Is this NOW or later this week when the show is open.?

Bo

Bill Culverhouse

Jul 26, 2010, 9:12:46 PM7/26/10
to make...@googlegroups.com
Siggraph is the 25th-29th of this month I believe.

-b

Jerry Isdale

Jul 26, 2010, 11:48:48 PM7/26/10
to MakerBot Operators
It is on THIS WEEK at LA Convention center.
I've been visiting with them and helping out a bit with the
attendees. They are there through thursday so you have three days to
check it out. Parking at convention center is $12. You can get a
basic one day pass for $45 if you want to see the vendor exhibits plus
art gallery, emerging tech, etc. You do not need that to check out
the Makerbot, wearables, etc.