Replicator2 - XY steppers glitch spontaneously

Kletus VanDamme

Jan 16, 2013, 11:22:39 PM1/16/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I've had my Replicator2 for about 2 months.
I love it and I print every day.

Today however, my prints started getting random XY axis glitches, as if one of the steppers is cutting out for a split second.
Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Here is the full description I posted in my blog:

The XY stepper motors have started producing random jogs that result in the layers being offset and the prints failing.  This happens on STLs that printed previously with no problem so I don't think the problem is with the STL.

This is happening with MakerWare 1.1.1.9 and firmware 6.2 and 7.0.

The glitching can be seen in the red boxes in the image below.

When I make South to North  lines there is no problem.

SE to NW lines show the problem.

 SW to NE lines are fine.

Jetguy

Jan 16, 2013, 11:33:23 PM1/16/13
to MakerBot Operators
Just today same issue and Highly likely, your answer:
http://groups.google.com/group/makerbot/browse_thread/thread/c405c16ddeb82f37