Thing-a-Day

Bob

Jan 25, 2010, 9:32:04 PM1/25/10
to Make:KC
You can sign up for Thing-a-Day at www.thing-a-day.com.

If you are interested you need to sign up before Feb. 1. Once the
first is over they close down joining to see who can do 28 days of
creativity.

The first time I did this I had 1 day to prepare. It was just a short
list of things I wanted to do. The list did not even add up to 20
items and that year it was a leap year. Yeah I had to think of an
extra thing to do. Surprisingly I was able to small ideas to learn on
into bigger ideas. I have been very pleased with the overall results.

See ya on the forum.

Bob

Bob

Jan 28, 2010, 6:52:25 PM1/28/10
to Make:KC
Here is my brainstorm list:
Hot Dog cannon
Zombie emergency kit
Lab drying rack
Wooden Boxes
Pollen Slides
Copper Smelting
Smoke Bomb
Black powder
Etching
Extract caffeine
Light Show box
Jacob's Ladder
BugBot
Solar Trimet
Paint in acrylic
sketch
Pirate Chest
Chess pieces
Pen
Chess board
table saw bench
Grinder bench
Cabaret
Latex elf ears
pirate shirt

and more...

Sharon

Jan 29, 2010, 9:51:51 AM1/29/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
My kids are going to Bob's house ... sounds more fun than our house (well for the boys anyway...I enjoy it):
  1. scrapbook robotic competition
  2. scrapbook robotic competition
  3. scrapbook robotic competition
  4. scrapbook robotic competition
  5. scrapbook robotic competition
  6. scrapbook robotic competition
  7. scrapbook robotic competition
  8. make valentine card for dh
  9. make valentine card for ds #1
  10. make valentine card for ds #2
  11. make valentine card for ds #3
  12. scrapbook robotic competition
  13. scrapbook robotic competition
  14. scrapbook robotic competition
  15. scrapbook robotic competition
  16. scrapbook robotic competition
  17. scrapbook robotic competition
  18. scrapbook robotic competition
  19. scrapbook robotic competition
  20. scrapbook robotic competition
  21. scrapbook robotic competition
  22. scrapbook robotic competition
  23. scrapbook robot building
  24. scrapbook robot building
  25. scrapbook robot building
  26. scrapbook robot building
  27. scrapbook robot building
  28. scrapbook robot building
Can you tell I have several robot scrapbooks to get caught up real quick?   LOL

Vince Thompson

Jan 29, 2010, 11:14:17 AM1/29/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
I have signed up on Thing-A-Day (I think), it seems to display my name when I go there. It was pretty simple getting signed up, probably the reason its a little confusing is it was too simple.

Anyway my thing-a-day blog is at http://someoneknows.posterous.com/

Vince

Bob

Jan 31, 2010, 11:46:32 PM1/31/10
to Make:KC
It is starting!

Come see what people are making.

My site is http://jerimiah.posterous.com.

Bob

Feb 1, 2010, 10:49:01 PM2/1/10
to Make:KC

15 pages of eye candy. Amazing what people are making.

Vince have you posted yet? Better hurry. If you need something q

Vince Thompson

Feb 1, 2010, 11:02:21 PM2/1/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
My project tonight is to learn something new about Photoshop and create a word art project (working on a Make:KC logo) with a stylized plastic look. I'm still in the learning phase but about to jump off the deep end in the next few minutes.

Vince

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Bob <span...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

15 pages of eye candy.  Amazing what people are making.

Vince have you posted yet?  Better hurry.  If you need something q

Sharon

Feb 2, 2010, 11:53:12 AM2/2/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
If you are interested in learning a thing a day from Photoshop you might subscribe to this site ... they send you updates every day in e-mail....I'm only 713 e-mails behind in reading.

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/

Sharon
360.gif

Jestin Stoffel

Feb 2, 2010, 12:13:56 PM2/2/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
I have found Revision3's show Pixel Perfect to be a great place to learn
the basics of image editing. The show has recently been canceled, but
all the episodes are still available:

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect

Also, I haven't found anything that is done in this show that can't be
done with the GIMP, which is what I use to follow along when I watch. I
recommend searching for an episode where he does something similar to
what you are doing.

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 10:53 -0600, Sharon wrote:
> If you are interested in learning a thing a day from Photoshop you
> might subscribe to this site ... they send you updates every day in
> e-mail....I'm only 713 e-mails behind in reading.
>

> http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/
>

> Sharon
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Vince Thompson
> <someonek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My project tonight is to learn something new about Photoshop
> and create a word art project (working on a Make:KC logo) with
> a stylized plastic look. I'm still in the learning phase but
> about to jump off the deep end in the next few minutes.
>
> Vince
>

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Bob <span...@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> 15 pages of eye candy. Amazing what people are
> making.
>
> Vince have you posted yet? Better hurry. If you need
> something q
>

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/makekc?hl=en.
>

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/makekc?hl=en.
>

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Vince Thompson

Feb 2, 2010, 4:41:38 PM2/2/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'm wanting to see how GIMP corresponds with the techniques I recently learned in Photoshop. I hate rebooting my computer in Windows just to use Photoshop. I need to get VirtualBox set up.

Vince

Jestin Stoffel

Feb 2, 2010, 5:20:13 PM2/2/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
>From my experience, there are 3 types of differences between the GIMP
and Photoshop:

1. Things are in a different place
2. Things are named something else
3. Multiple Photoshop commands are done with a single GIMP command, or
a single Photoshop command is done by a combination of multiple GIMP
commands

The ideas behind things are the same, and there is a lot of online
resources for helping with the GIMP. If you play around a bit, you will
figure it all out.

Randy Childers

Feb 2, 2010, 8:55:26 PM2/2/10
to mak...@googlegroups.com
Plus, there's always GimpShop.

Bob

Feb 8, 2010, 6:38:25 PM2/8/10
to Make:KC
If you have not gone out to www.thing-a-day.com go check out
http://moonmilk.posterous.com/

Moonmilk is making an instrument a day and some are eletronic in
nature.

Also check out my awsome workbench at http://jerimiah.posterous.com/

Bob