RE: Great Black Hawk info? (roost?)

Robert O'Connell

Nov 29, 2018, 6:45:32 PM11/29/18
to Macklin Smith, kelin...@gmail.com, rrrobin...@hotmail.com, maine...@googlegroups.com

Hey Macklin,

              No sure if you saw my last post. My son and I were the last to leave after dark. The hawk had pulled up in a tree across from 132 Park Avenue. In my earlier post I had incorrectly stated Park St. Below is the aerial of Deering Oaks Park where the bird was all day. It stayed pretty much inside this red circle. When I viewed it around noon to 1PM it was in the trees in the northern edge of the circle and when I came back with my son around 3:30 it was in the tree just north west of the center of the circle. I am guessing you wont be alone there tomorrow so there will likely be more sightings posted tomorrow. It did get into a scuffle with a Red Tailed Hawk at dusk. The eventually disengaged and the RT hawk flew away towards King Middle School. Not sure if it comes back it may chase this hawk away from its territory. Safe travels and good luck!