Am. Bittern in Scarborough

Rafael Adams

Dec 23, 2018, 8:12:26 PM12/23/18
to Maine birds
I was driving down Blackpoint rd in Scarborough towards Pine Point and saw a very large bittern, which can only be an American Bittern, a bird I have strangely never seen before. It was out in the open about 15 feet from a stand of cattail looking things, on the west side of the rd near a culvert. It was in blazing afternoon sunlight, doing the slow mo bittern stalky thing they do.

Rafael Adams

Dec 24, 2018, 10:07:13 AM12/24/18
to Maine birds
I was heading to Prouts Neck, not Pine point.

Rob O'Connell

Dec 24, 2018, 11:39:27 AM12/24/18
to Rafael Adams, Maine birds
Thanks Rafael!