leucistic Fox Sparrow

NWDickinson, New Harbor

Mar 31, 2015, 9:35:10 AM3/31/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
There are 3 or 4 ox Sparrows in our yard this week, and one of them has a back (mantle?) that is white with spots.  I think this is just a strange variation, not a different species.  I'm trying to get a good photo if anyone is interested.

Nancy Dickinson
New Harbor/Pemaquid

duch...@midmaine.com

Mar 31, 2015, 9:43:56 AM3/31/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
It was rather pleasant to walk out of Maple Hill Farm in Hallowell to the
sound of singing juncos this morning.

Yesterday, there was a northern shrike on I-95, right next to the Bangor
Mall exit onto the Hogan Road. I've seen several in this spot over the
years. Maybe it's convenient to have a healthy supply of house sparrows
nearby.

Bob Duchesne