Birds at Brunswick Landing

Karin

May 8, 2021, 9:31:28 AM5/8/21
to Maine birds
Yesterday afternoon/evening, between about 6 and 7, we saw three American Kestrels and three Eastern Meadowlarks. The kestrels were on the chain-link fence  separating the big scrubby field off Allagash Road from the airfield (one male, one female, couldn't identify the third), and then hovering over the airfield, hunting. The three meadowlarks were on the other side of the fence in the grass, buzzing, singing, walking around, and flying short distances close to the ground. I think one was a female because the bird was noticeably drabber. One male, in particular, was brilliant both in color and display; what a treat to hear and see!

We also heard a raven.