[ANN] Mailsmith 2.2 released; now under new management

Rich Siegel

Aug 18, 2009, 6:02:15 PM8/18/09
to mailsmi...@googlegroups.com
[Sorry for the delayed posting. I got caught in some sort of
weird Google Groups hiccup.]

Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
availability of Mailsmith 2.2. This is the build that many of
you have seen in pre-release form for a very long time, and I'm
happy to draw a line in the calendar and say "here it is!".

There are two other major changes in the Mailsmith universe; I
expect that neither one of these makes any practical difference
in your daily use of Mailsmith. :-)

The first is that as of today and this release, Mailsmith is no
longer a product of Bare Bones Software. It's now being
maintained, developed, and supported under the auspices of
Stickshift Software, LLC, a company which was formed the the
specific purpose of giving Mailsmith a home. My ongoing goal is
to support and enhance Mailsmith on an ad-hoc basis as has been
done over most of the 2.2 beta cycle: this means occasional (if
not exactly regular :-)) releases to fix bugs and add features.
(My work at Bare Bones Software remains my first and highest priority.)

Mailsmith's home on the Web is at <http://www.mailsmith.org/>.
It is there that you will find the latest available updates and
support information (including final change notes for 2.2). As
time goes by and I am able, I will enhance and update the
available product information so that those who haven't yet
discovered the wonders of Mailsmith can learn more about it.

The other big change is that Mailsmith is now freeware. The
price tag has been removed, and it is available for use at no
charge. The end-user license agreement has been modified to
reflect this, and is likewise available for review on the web site.

The Bare Bones press release (the "official" public
announcement) is available here:

<http://www.barebones.com/company/press/mailsmith-transfer_pr.html>

If you're currently running a pre-release version of 2.2, you
can obtain the release version by choosing "Check for Updates"
from the Mailsmith menu.

Complete change notes and a download package are available from
the Mailsmith site:

<http://www.mailsmith.org/support/mailsmith/updates.html>

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.

Robert W. Franson

Aug 19, 2009, 4:10:21 PM8/19/09

On 8/18/09 at 3:02 PM, sie...@barebones.com (Rich Siegel) wrote:

>We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
>availability of Mailsmith 2.2. This is the build that many of
>you have seen in pre-release form for a very long time, and I'm
>happy to draw a line in the calendar and say "here it is!".
>
>There are two other major changes in the Mailsmith universe;

Thanks again to Rich, and to Seth and all the BB team, for
keeping Mailsmith going for so many years and into the future!
While I at least am surprised at the two major changes, I always
hoped that with arcane support from Miskatonic University,
dedicated Deep Thinking could find ways and means to keep this
fine program above ground.

Robert W. Franson
--
http://www.Troynovant.com/