Making it easier for commenters to subscribe to my newsletter

Graham Stoney

Aug 21, 2010, 11:46:11 PM8/21/10
to MailPress
Visitors who go to the trouble of leaving comments are probably the
most likely to be interested in my future content. I'd like to make it
easier for them to subscribe to my email newsletter by:
1. Adding a "Subscribe to my newsletter" checkbox near the "Notify me
of follow-up comments via email" one.
2. Enabling both checkboxes by default (the existing one is disabled
be default)
3. Moving the checkboxes before the "Post Comment" button (at present
it appears afterwards)

We already capture the commenters email address and name, so we have
all the information needed when the comment is submitted. Any hints on
how to do this?

Thanks,
Graham
http://grahamstoney.com/ - Writer, Speaker, Communicator

andré renaut

Sep 3, 2010, 6:15:35 AM9/3/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
3. Moving the checkbox before the "Post Comment" button
Checkbox position is given by your WP theme's comments.php file.
Look for 'do_action('comment_form', $post->ID);'

2. Enabling checkbox by default
in mailpress\mp-content\add-ons\MailPress_comment.php see function 'comment_form'

2010/8/22 Graham Stoney <ypfd...@trashmail.net>
--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

--
Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
Please, think about the environment before printing this message.