Where to disable content filters for manual & autoresponder emails?

Graham Stoney

Dec 6, 2010, 10:51:17 PM12/6/10
to MailPress
I use the Like plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/like/) to
add a Facebook Like button to the top of posts on my site. It works by
adding a the_content filter, which is great when the content is a
posting on my site or a MailPress newsletter; but not so good when the
content is an email which can't be referenced.

I know the solution is to call this when emails are being sent
manually or via an autoresponder:

remove_filter('the_content', 'tt_like_widget');

But in what file and where should I do this?

Cheers, Graham
http://grahamstoney.com/

andré renaut

Dec 7, 2010, 1:45:55 AM12/7/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
functions.php or in header.php

2010/12/7 Graham Stoney <lqmm...@trashmail.net>
--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

--
Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
Please, think about the environment before printing this message.

Graham Stoney

Dec 27, 2010, 7:38:05 PM12/27/10
to MailPress
I think that would remove the Like button from content in newsletters
as well; I only want to remove it from emails which don't appear in my
site content (and therefore can't be linked to/Liked from Facebook).
Is there some conditional test that says "if (is_newsletter())..."?

On Dec 7, 5:45 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> functions.php or in header.php
>
> 2010/12/7 Graham Stoney <lqmma...@trashmail.net>
>

> > I use the Like plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/like/) to
> > add a Facebook Like button to the top of posts on my site. It works by
> > adding a the_content filter, which is great when the content is a
> > posting on my site or a MailPress newsletter; but not so good when the
> > content is an email which can't be referenced.
>
> > I know the solution is to call this when emails are being sent
> > manually or via an autoresponder:
>
> > remove_filter('the_content', 'tt_like_widget');
>
> > But in what file and where should I do this?
>
> > Cheers, Graham
> >http://grahamstoney.com/
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !
> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle

Jan 16, 2011, 6:54:15 PM1/16/11
to MailPress
I guess you are talking about editing a MailPress theme. Could this be
done with a add-on?