404 Error when clicking "Write New" in MailPress

Josef

Oct 15, 2008, 12:41:09 PM10/15/08
to MailPress
@noagent

I am using Wordpress 2.6.2 I installed MailPress with no other plugins
only MailPress when I click on "Write" I get a 404 Error Nothing Found
are you aware of this bug? And do you have a solution? Because I would
love to use this excellent plugin!

Regards

Josef

arena

Oct 15, 2008, 3:41:38 PM10/15/08
to MailPress
@Josef,

I am sure your installation has not successfully completed.

Reload the plugin from wordpress.org and redo the ftp.

Regards

Josef

Oct 16, 2008, 7:57:00 AM10/16/08
to MailPress
Hi,

I have tried removing the plugin, downloading the latest file from
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/ but still no luck, I
still receive a 404 error when I click on "MailPress > Write" Not
Found.

Any ideas?

Regards

Josef

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 10:35:01 AM10/16/08
to MailPress
Can you show me the url giving this 404 ?

On Oct 16, 1:57 pm, Josef <josef.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried removing the plugin, downloading the latest file fromhttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/but still no luck, I

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 1:16:53 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
I can't even load http://www.noto.......kingfees.com/ ... i believe
the problem is on your host.

On Oct 16, 4:35 pm, arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you show me the url giving this 404 ?
>
> On Oct 16, 1:57 pm, Josef <josef.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have tried removing the plugin, downloading the latest file fromhttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/butstill no luck, I

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 4:18:40 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
No i can't.

On Oct 16, 7:16 pm, arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't even loadhttp://www.noto.......kingfees.com/...  i believe
> the problem is on your host.
>
> On Oct 16, 4:35 pm, arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you show me the url giving this 404 ?
>
> > On Oct 16, 1:57 pm, Josef <josef.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have tried removing the plugin, downloading the latest file fromhttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/butstillno luck, I

Josef

Oct 16, 2008, 4:22:40 PM10/16/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Ok, can you give me your IP maybe you are blocked on the server, I will check, can you try going here youhide.com and then connecting to http://www.notobikeparkingfees.com

Regads

Josef

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 4:27:52 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
Thru youhide.com, i can go to the site.

For security reasons, i am not allowed to give you my IP, sorry.

Is your 404 issue due to some firewall and or some limitations on your
side ???!!!

On Oct 16, 10:22 pm, Josef <josef.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, can you give me your IP maybe you are blocked on the server, I will
> check, can you try going here youhide.com and then connecting tohttp://www.notobikeparkingfees.com
>
> Regads
>
> Josef
>
> 2008/10/16 arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com>
>

> > No i can't.
>
> > On Oct 16, 7:16 pm, arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I can't even loadhttp://www.noto.......kingfees.com/...  i believe
> > > the problem is on your host.

> > fromhttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailpress/butstillnoluck, I

Josef

Oct 17, 2008, 6:58:29 AM10/17/08
to MailPress
I have resolved my own problem, I have disabled mod_security on my
server and now the "Write New" page works, this doesn't give me much
faith in the security of the plugin, no other wordpress plugin
requires me to disable mod_security however MailPress now works, I
hope the owner of the plugin will look in to this issues because it is
an issue.

arena

Oct 17, 2008, 1:58:11 PM10/17/08
to MailPress
see http://fr2.php.net/features.safe-mode

As far as i understand, mailpress accessing some wordpress file to
display the write pane.

Is there some wordpress limitations on using their files by external
plugins ? do not know.

brian

Oct 20, 2008, 7:26:41 PM10/20/08
to MailPress
I am experiencing the same issue. I have about 20 plug-ins installed,
so it could be that; however, If my memory serves me right, right
after I activated it, it was working. After I created my theme, set
my settings, and did sending tests, I went back to write a new mail,
and I received the 404 error. Everything else within the plugin is
working fine, so if you have any others thoughts on this, I would
greatly appreciate it.

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 1:19:58 AM10/21/08
to MailPress
Plugin conflict.

Are you using cForm or cForm II ?

Josef

Oct 21, 2008, 6:43:22 AM10/21/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Just to let you know I am running cforms || with Mailpress fine, I had the 404 problem it was down to my server mod_security I had to disable it then it worked. Try this.

Josef

Brian Mayer

Oct 21, 2008, 11:06:04 AM10/21/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
@josef. thanks. I saw your previous posts, but I was hoping that perhaps
someone had found a new solution. I was hoping to avoid disabling
mod_security. For some reason, it doesn't sound like a good thing; but
then again, I don't know much about the Linux/Apache environment. What
is the downside of disabling mod_security?

Also, arena is suggesting a plugin conflict, which in my case is
entirely possible. I see you have cforms, as do i. What other plugins
are you running? Do you believe that is the offending plugin? If so, do
you know if there is a part of the scrit that I could disable so that
the two will "play nice"?

@arena. thanks for this plugin. I've been looking around on and off for
a good newsletter plugin. I decided against shiftthis because
apparently support is non-existent and I see report on the forum of
similar issues to this. You seem to have a great app, great support, and
a great community. If we can get this plugin working for me, you'll see
a nice contribution in your paypal:)

Josef wrote:
> Just to let you know I am running cforms || with Mailpress fine, I had
> the 404 problem it was down to my server mod_security I had to disable
> it then it worked. Try this.
>
> Josef
>

> 2008/10/21 arena <andre....@gmail.com <mailto:andre....@gmail.com>>

> Plugin conflict.
>
> Are you using cForm or cForm II ?
>
> On Oct 21, 1:26 am, brian <br...@annamayer.com

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 11:12:35 AM10/21/08
to MailPress
@Bryan

can you list your active plugins please.

On Oct 21, 5:06 pm, Brian Mayer <br...@annamayer.com> wrote:
> @josef. thanks. I saw your previous posts, but I was hoping that perhaps
> someone had found a new solution.  I was hoping to avoid disabling
> mod_security. For some reason, it doesn't sound like a good thing; but
> then again, I don't know much about the Linux/Apache environment.  What
> is the downside of disabling mod_security?
>
> Also, arena is suggesting a plugin conflict, which in my case is
> entirely possible.  I see you have cforms, as do i. What other plugins
> are you running? Do you believe that is the offending plugin? If so, do
> you know if there is a part of the scrit that I could disable so that
> the two will "play nice"?
>
> @arena. thanks for this plugin. I've been looking around on and off for
> a good newsletter plugin.  I decided against shiftthis because
> apparently support is non-existent and I see report on the forum of
> similar issues to this. You seem to have a great app, great support, and
> a great community.  If we can get this plugin working for me, you'll see
> a nice contribution in your paypal:)
>
> Josef wrote:
> > Just to let you know I am running cforms || with Mailpress fine, I had
> > the 404 problem it was down to my server mod_security I had to disable
> > it then it worked. Try this.
>
> > Josef

brian

Oct 21, 2008, 12:11:34 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
admin-menus 2.5.3
AJAXed Wordpress 1.23.5
AJAX Login 1.0
Akismet 2.2.1
All in One SEO Pack 1.4.6.14
Calendar 1.2.1
cforms 9.1
Dofollow 3.0
Flexible upload D3Z Edition 1.13
From Where You Came 1.0.0
Group Restriction 1.0
Kimili Flash Embed 1.4.3
Lightbox 2 2.7.8
MailPress 1.9.1
runPHP 2.3.1
Search Everything 4.7.6.2
ShareThis 2.3
Simple:Press Forum 3.1.3

On Oct 21, 8:12 am, arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Bryan
>
> can you list your active plugins please.
>
> On Oct 21, 5:06 pm, Brian Mayer <br...@annamayer.com> wrote:
>
> > @josef. thanks. I saw your previous posts, but I was hoping that perhaps
> > someone had found a new solution.  I was hoping to avoid disabling
> > mod_security. For some reason, it doesn't sound like a good thing; but
> > then again, I don't know much about the Linux/Apache environment.  What
> > is the downside of disabling mod_security?
>
> > Also, arena is suggesting a plugin conflict, which in my case is
> > entirely possible.  I see you have cforms, as do i. What other plugins
> > are you running? Do you believe that is the offending plugin? If so, do
> > you know if there is a part of the scrit that I could disable so that
> > the two will "play nice"?
>
> > @arena. thanks for this plugin. I've been looking around on and off for
> > a good newsletter plugin.  I decided against shiftthis because
> > apparently support is non-existent and I see report on the forum of
> > similar issues to this. You seem to have a great app, great support, and
> > a great community.  If we can get this plugin working for me, you'll see
> > a nice contribution in your paypal:)
>
> > Josef wrote:
> > > Just to let you know I am running cforms || with Mailpress fine, I had
> > > the404problem it was down to my server mod_security I had to disable
> > > it then it worked. Try this.
>
> > > Josef
>
> > > 2008/10/21 arena <andre.ren...@gmail.com <mailto:andre.ren...@gmail.com>>
>
> > >     Plugin conflict.
>
> > >     Are you using cForm or cForm II ?
>
> > >     On Oct 21, 1:26 am, brian <br...@annamayer.com
> > >     <mailto:br...@annamayer.com>> wrote:
> > >      > I am experiencing the same issue.  I have about 20 plug-ins
> > >     installed,
> > >      > so it could be that; however, If my memory serves me right, right
> > >      > after I activated it, it was working.  After I created my theme, set
> > >      > my settings, and did sending tests, I went back towritea new mail,
> > >      > and I received the404error.  Everything else within the plugin is

brian

Oct 21, 2008, 1:43:10 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
Can i disable mod_security on just mail-new.php? would that do it?
would that pose other security risks? How would I do it?

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 4:57:24 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
@Brian

Possible conflict with cform and simple press

can you try to go to MailPress write after deactivate those two
plugins ?

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 4:58:18 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
Can you also send be the html source of the MailPress write panel at
this mail : con...@nogent94.com

thanks

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 5:10:46 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
Oh ! and can you check that in cforms Global settings, the following
checkbox is checked

WP Editor Button support
Fix TinyMCE error (checkbox) Select in case you experience a TinyMCE
editor error caused by other plugins.

brian

Oct 21, 2008, 5:38:18 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
>can you try to go to MailPress write after deactivate those two
>plugins ? "

tried that. didn't work.

> Oh ! and can you check that in cforms Global settings, the following
> checkbox is checked

Yes, that's checked

>Can you also send be the html source of the MailPress write panel at
>this mail : cont...@nogent94.com

which file exactly? I can't open the write panel. that's what's
returning the 404.

thanks for you effort

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 5:49:20 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
and if you deactivate all your plugins except mailpress, still the
same ?

Brian Mayer

Oct 21, 2008, 6:10:50 PM10/21/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
i didn't want to deactivate everything on a live business blog during
the day, but I did do it on my development blog which is on the same
server. With only Mailpress activated, the behavior was still the same.
Al versions of everything are the same on that.

arena

Oct 21, 2008, 6:24:47 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
Anything in the apache logs ?

Brian Mayer

Oct 21, 2008, 6:26:31 PM10/21/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
ok, now i feel dumb. how do I find that?

andré renaut

Oct 21, 2008, 6:37:02 PM10/21/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
ask your local technical support if they can be of any help.

--
Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
Please, think about the environment before printing this message.

brian

Oct 21, 2008, 8:19:12 PM10/21/08
to MailPress
I looked through every log I could find and found nothing related to
this problem. I also contact my hosting support and they couldn't give
me anymore info than what was already available to me.

arena

Oct 22, 2008, 1:10:58 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
Last thing i can do for you is to make locally the same test with the
same plugin config (except askimet).
can you send a zipfile of all your plugins at con...@nogent94.com

thanks

brian

Oct 22, 2008, 1:21:47 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
thank you. It's sending right now. I sent the ones I have locally. A
few might not be the latest version if they were updated through Auto
Updates. None should be too far off though since this install isn't
very old.

Brian Mayer

Oct 22, 2008, 1:54:20 AM10/22/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
ok, so this is most definitely not a plugin conflict. I just did a fresh
install (2.6.2) with only mailpress uploaded and activated and I still
received the 404 error.

arena

Oct 22, 2008, 2:12:45 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
Why are you so sure this is not a plugin conflict ? currently
testing ...

brian

Oct 22, 2008, 2:16:36 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
based on the fact that I did a fresh install with no other plugins.
There was nothing to conflict with. Also based on running my phpinfo,
it doesn't appear that mod_security is even loaded. http://annamayer.com/phpinfo.php

the plot thickens . . .

Brian Mayer

Oct 22, 2008, 2:35:23 AM10/22/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
when i tested on the fresh install with the default template, since
there is no 404 page template, it defaulted to the servers 404.
Interesting to note that it is actually at 406 error. Here is it . . .

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource
/~annama5/pamlar/wp-admin/post-new.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

arena

Oct 22, 2008, 2:52:40 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
My tests are going on. Which browser are you using ?

Did you try with Google Chrome (not kidding) ?

arena

Oct 22, 2008, 2:53:21 AM10/22/08
to MailPress
I send you a full report on my tests

brian

Oct 22, 2008, 12:25:28 PM10/22/08
to MailPress
ok, so i got the report and everything makes sense. However, the new
plugin didn't fix it ;( For browsers, I am using FF3 and IE7, but
after your recommendation, I tried it in Chrome. I found the same
behavior in all three.

Brian Mayer

Oct 23, 2008, 5:42:52 PM10/23/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
ok, well after talking to my host's support, I had them disable
mod_security. I did a clean install in a subdirectory with only
mailpress installed. No go. I give up. I don't have time to figure
this out, and we need to get a mail app up like yesterday. Sorry.

I'm really bummed that it didn't work out because I really like
everything about it . . . except of course that it won't let me compose
an email.

arena, you are one of the best when it comes to being on top of your
support forum. keep up the good work, and I hope you have better luck on
the next guy.

arena

Oct 23, 2008, 5:48:34 PM10/23/08
to MailPress
Thanks Brian !

Who is your host ?

Brian Mayer

Oct 23, 2008, 5:49:12 PM10/23/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
InMotion Hosting

brian

Oct 27, 2008, 2:05:55 PM10/27/08
to MailPress
well, well, well. wouldn't ya know it. I was talking to my host about
some php mailing issues, all of a sudden Mailpress just starts
working! It turns out that when they deactivated mod_security there
was some part of it that didn't get done (domain association i
think?). When they were checking things our for this other issue, they
noticed the other incomplete change and just finished it. I noticed
because I was going to the error page I was getting with Mailpress to
give to them to help with this other issue. Yeah!

for others experiencing this issue. the way my host is configured,
because of the way mod_security is installed, I cannot disable it
with .htaccess. It returned a 500 error. if you experience that
issue, talk to your webhost about it.

Ok, so now I do get this jquery error you were talking about and the
extra plugin works for eliminating it.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see
if the script will complete.

Script:
http://annamayer.com/dev/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.2.6:11

So now it's on to figuring out the rest of the app! Is there any sort
of function built in to have MP take over the welcome email function
for WP? The welcome email people get with just their username,
password, and link is hideous! I'd love for it to be able to look
like the MP welcome email.

arena

Oct 27, 2008, 2:17:30 PM10/27/08
to MailPress
@brian

Nice to have you back !!!

First in settings check "MailPress version of wp_mail"

activate the MailPress version of wp_mail. By activating this option,
all mails generated by Wordpress will comply with your Mailpress
settings. (will include 'mailpress/mp-includes/wp-pluggable.php').

And then you can modify or create your own templates ( 'moderate' for
comment moderation and 'new-user' for new wp user )
See also original themes delivered by MailPress.