Trouble with setting up MailPress

DougB

Oct 16, 2008, 1:15:03 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
I've just finished setting up MailPress with the latest version of
WordPress and version 1.9.1 of MialPress. When I go to the admin page
and activate the plugin I received these error messages. Can anyone
help a newbie figure it all out? Thanks in advance...

Error 1: WordPress database error: [Table
'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
INSERT INTO wp_MailPress_mails (status, theme, themedir, template,
fromemail, fromname, toemail, toname, subject, html, plaintext,
created, created_user_id, sent, sent_user_id ) values ('',
'80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '',
'', '2008-10-16 10:07:07', 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);

Error 2: WordPress database error: [Table
'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
SELECT id FROM wp_MailPress_mails WHERE theme =
'80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0' ;

Error 3: WordPress database error: [Table
'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_users' doesn't exist]
SELECT confkey FROM wp_MailPress_users WHERE email =
'flyi...@shaw.ca'

Error 4: Fatal error: Call to undefined function language_attributes()
in /home/jdburt.com/httpdocs/WordPress/wp-content/plugins/mailpress/mp-
content/themes/default/header.php on line 2

I did ensure that I chmodded the tmp folder to 666 and used a fresh
download of MailPress, where did I go wrong/ Help please...

DougB

DougB

Oct 16, 2008, 1:20:27 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
I forgot that there was one other error when I activated the plugin
that showed up before I went to the setup page. This error was "Fatal
error: Call to undefined method wpdb::supports_collation() in /home/
jdburt.com/httpdocs/WordPress/wp-content/plugins/mailpress/mp-admin/
includes/install.php on line 17" Help please...TIA DougB

On Oct 16, 10:15 am, DougB <flyin...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I've just finished setting up MailPress with the latest version of
> WordPress and version 1.9.1 of MialPress. When I go to the admin page
> and activate the plugin I received these error messages. Can anyone
> help a newbie figure it all out? Thanks in advance...
>
> Error 1: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
> INSERT INTO wp_MailPress_mails (status, theme, themedir, template,
> fromemail, fromname, toemail, toname, subject, html, plaintext,
> created, created_user_id, sent, sent_user_id ) values ('',
> '80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '',
> '', '2008-10-16 10:07:07', 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);
>
> Error 2: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
> SELECT id FROM wp_MailPress_mails WHERE theme =
> '80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0' ;
>
> Error 3: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_users' doesn't exist]
> SELECT confkey FROM wp_MailPress_users WHERE email =
> 'flyin...@shaw.ca'

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 1:22:36 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
That is a known bug.

For some reasons, some MySQL installations are not case sensitive

so the "MailPress_mails" table is create as "mailpress_mails",
the "MailPress_users" table is create as "mailpress_users",

and so on

SO the best thing to do is to go to your database with the appropriate
tool (phpmyadmin ?)

and

RENAME all "mailpress_" tables into "MailPress_" tables (5 tables)

Call to undefined function language_attributes() ... what is your
version of WordPress ? 2.6 required.

On Oct 16, 7:15 pm, DougB <flyin...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I've just finished setting up MailPress with the latest version of
> WordPress and version 1.9.1 of MialPress. When I go to the admin page
> and activate the plugin I received these error messages. Can anyone
> help a newbie figure it all out? Thanks in advance...
>
> Error 1: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
> INSERT INTO wp_MailPress_mails (status, theme, themedir, template,
> fromemail, fromname, toemail, toname, subject, html, plaintext,
> created, created_user_id, sent, sent_user_id ) values ('',
> '80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '',
> '', '2008-10-16 10:07:07', 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);
>
> Error 2: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_mails' doesn't exist]
> SELECT id FROM wp_MailPress_mails WHERE theme =
> '80e81fa33e3b8e86ced4e414b106c0e0' ;
>
> Error 3: WordPress database error: [Table
> 'wordpress_db.wp_MailPress_users' doesn't exist]
> SELECT confkey FROM wp_MailPress_users WHERE email =
> 'flyin...@shaw.ca'

Doug Burt

Oct 16, 2008, 3:14:18 PM10/16/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Hey again Arena,

I've tried again to get the 1.9 version of MailPress installed and it didn't
make the tables either. There must be a bug in there somewheres that causing
WordPress to not allow MailPress to make its own table. I've tried
everything I could think of to re-install the version fresh here and have to
report that it didn't help. I even chmodded the tmp folder to 777 in hopes
that would help. It didn't. I have removed all the MailPress folders after
deactivating it from my WordPress site first. What do I do to insure that I
get the installation right. This looks like just the plugin I need but I'm
convinced I must be doing something wrong here. I followed the instructions
to a "T" word for word from your site's information but still I get a
failure. Can you advise me further? If necessary I would be glad to donate
to you providing I get the plugin working properly. Thanks again for your
help...Newbie in hell

DougB

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 4:14:01 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
Hey DoudB,

1) Upgrade to the last version of WordPress
2) Rename the MailPress MySQL tables as told in my first reply in this
thread
3) Former version of the plugin will be of no help. First release of
the plugin was last july.

Doug Burt

Oct 16, 2008, 5:02:02 PM10/16/08
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Hey Arena,

As I mentioned the tables aren't automatically being generated by the
program plug-in. Would you mind sending me the correct table variables (ie
name, user, etc etc) as well as what has to be in the fields for them so
that I can name and set them up accurately with phpMyAdmin. Once I have that
I can go ahead and load up the plugin again and hopefully it'll work for me
this time. I have already go the latest version of WordPress installed.

Much appreciate your getting back to me in a timely fashion here, its really
appreciated. Thanks again

arena

Oct 16, 2008, 5:09:55 PM10/16/08
to MailPress
the tables are created with this file : wp-content/plugins/mailpress/
mp-admin/includes/install.php