Mailpress subscribe widget constantly shows "loading" yet everything else works

SER

Dec 8, 2009, 4:46:07 PM12/8/09
to MailPress
I have wp 2.8.6 and Mailpress 4.0.2 installed on my mac osx running
MAMP for my test server. When viewing my site and viewing the included
widget, the spinning "loading..." icon is running constantly. I can
put an email and a name into it, hit subscribe and the email gets sent
off for the confirmation and the "waiting for your response" pops up
for a second and disappears and the loading stops. But then when you
go to another page on the site the loading icon keeps on spinning.
Help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

andré renaut

Dec 8, 2009, 5:06:30 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
might be some css problem but i can't help as long as i cannot access your site.

does it do the same using firefox ?

2009/12/8 SER <stephe...@gmail.com>

Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
Please, think about the environment before printing this message.

SER

Dec 8, 2009, 5:09:42 PM12/8/09
to MailPress
It happens in both firefox and safari. I am not that knowledgeable
with errors but i do have firebug installed on safari if you could
guide me...

On Dec 8, 5:06 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> might be some css problem but i can't help as long as i cannot access your
> site.
>
> does it do the same using firefox ?
>
> 2009/12/8 SER <stephen.r...@gmail.com>
>

> > I have wp 2.8.6 and Mailpress 4.0.2 installed on my mac osx running
> > MAMP for my test server. When viewing my site and viewing the included
> > widget, the spinning "loading..." icon is running constantly. I can
> > put an email and a name into it, hit subscribe and the email gets sent
> > off for the confirmation and the "waiting for your response" pops up
> > for a second and disappears and the loading stops. But then when you
> > go to another page on the site the loading icon keeps on spinning.
> > Help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
>
> > --

> > .

andré renaut

Dec 8, 2009, 5:37:36 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
well not easy.

in the widget form

in div class='mp-container' (position:relative)
you have three div's (mp-message (position:absolute), mp-loading (position:absolute), mp-formdiv (position:relative))

when displayed, mp-message must be under mp-loading that must be under mp-formdiv

SER

Dec 8, 2009, 7:55:46 PM12/8/09
to MailPress
This is what mine reads (below). I did however just make a change to
the widget and made sure that none of the 3 checkboxes were checked.
css jquery and javascript. It appears that the css one was checked.
Now the loading issue is not there anymore. What do these 3 checkboxes
do?

On Dec 8, 5:37 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well not easy.
>
> in the widget form
>
> in div class='mp-container' (position:relative)
> you have three div's (mp-message (position:absolute), mp-loading
> (position:absolute), mp-formdiv (position:relative))
>
> when displayed, mp-message must be under mp-loading that must be under
> mp-formdiv

andré renaut

Dec 8, 2009, 8:28:29 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
if one of these are checked then the corresponding file is not loaded

Stefan Schiller

Dec 8, 2009, 8:36:25 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
> Now the loading issue is not there anymore. What do these 3 checkboxes
> do?

You tell the widget that you __self__ care for the correct implementation of
the required js-stuff (jquery, and form-check) and some useful
css-declaration.

andré renaut

Dec 8, 2009, 8:38:39 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
yes

SER

Dec 8, 2009, 8:52:16 PM12/8/09
to MailPress
Great, that makes sense. And since the css was checked off, and I
didnt make any modifications myself - it essentially broke it. And
since I don't know enough to make any modifications of my own, I will
have to leave everything unchecked. Thank you for the help, you helped
me learn a little about the program. I am sure I will have more
questions once I get my site up and running.

Actually, Is there anyway to use this add on to auto send an email to
sign up for a the newsletter anytime a new comment is made a blog post
and the comment is made by someone not already subscribed to the
newsletter?

On Dec 8, 8:38 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes

andré renaut

Dec 8, 2009, 9:06:25 PM12/8/09
to mail...@googlegroups.com
http://www.mailpress.org

2009/12/9 SER <stephe...@gmail.com>

Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.

ovivankenobi

Dec 28, 2009, 6:04:22 AM12/28/09
to MailPress
I have had similar issues and I had: Jquery preloaded checked as it
gets loaded by another plugin.
Now that I disabled it, obviously it gets loaded twice. If you check:
http://www.quilombobrasil.com its loaded twice: once version 1.2.3 and
once 1.3.2

which version does mailpress load? => figured out it loads 1.2.3 so
can I check: jquery preloaded and will it work with 1.3.2?

besides, any problems with plugins like this:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/use-google-libraries/

ovivankenobi

Jan 15, 2010, 12:03:25 PM1/15/10
to MailPress
sorry to bump this thread, but it might have escaped your attention
due to Xmas and New Year's Eve...

Could you please help me out answering these questions so I might find
a solution, please?

andré renaut

Jan 15, 2010, 1:19:10 PM1/15/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about this. Maybe too much champagne ...

could you sum up your issues, i feel lazy to scroll back to all this thread.

Thanks

2010/1/15 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Jan 16, 2010, 6:35:39 AM1/16/10
to MailPress
no problem.
basically the main question is my last post:

andré renaut

Jan 16, 2010, 7:02:27 AM1/16/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
MailPress loads the jquery library included in wordpress.

I tested your site with FF and IE and both works for me.

2010/1/16 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>
--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

John Asbacher

Jan 16, 2010, 2:20:58 PM1/16/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
I've added this CSS
#page .mp-loading {display: none;}
--

John Asbacher Inform Productions v 604 734-3447
Video & Multi-Media Productions c 604 721-7994

ovivankenobi

Jan 22, 2010, 9:13:32 AM1/22/10
to MailPress
If I deactivate your plugin, the only jquery version that gets loaded
is 1.3.2

If I enable your plugin, it loads 1.2.3

I downloaded wordpress had a look inside wp-includes/js/jquery and the
version there is 1.3.2

How come your plugin seems to load 1.2.3?
Will it work with 1.3.2?

On Jan 16, 2:02 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MailPress loads the jquery library included in wordpress.
>
> I tested your site with FF and IE and both works for me.
>

> 2010/1/16 ovivankenobi <ovivanken...@gmail.com>

> > no problem.
> > basically the main question is my last post:
>
> > I have had similar issues and I had: Jquery preloaded checked as it
> > gets loaded by another plugin.
> > Now that I disabled it, obviously it gets loaded twice. If you check:

> >http://www.quilombobrasil.comits loaded twice: once version 1.2.3 and

> > once 1.3.2
>
> > which version does mailpress load? => figured out it loads 1.2.3 so
> > can I check: jquery preloaded and will it work with 1.3.2?
>
> > besides, any problems with plugins like this:
> >http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/use-google-libraries/
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !

> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

> > Groups "MailPress" group.

> > mailpress+...@googlegroups.com<mailpress%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

andré renaut

Jan 22, 2010, 9:17:30 AM1/22/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
the fact that it is written ?ver=1.2.3 doesnot mean this ver 1.2.3 is loaded ...

2010/1/22 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Jan 23, 2010, 9:42:06 AM1/23/10
to MailPress
:-) just noticed :-)

Ok, will try your widget again and check the options: jquery preloaded.

Fred__

Jan 24, 2010, 9:47:55 AM1/24/10
to MailPress
I seem to have a similar problem yet not quite. See http://wordpress.3dn.nl,
it shows the spinning 'loading...' icon as well. I tried to disable
the css/js/jquery checkboxes but I can't disable them. Every time I
try to save the settings the checkboxes are automatically checked
again.

ovivankenobi

Jan 24, 2010, 6:46:04 PM1/24/10
to MailPress
had the same problem. removing the widget and adding it again solved
the problem

Jason Judge

Jan 30, 2010, 8:22:51 PM1/30/10
to MailPress
I just encountered this problem. I believe it is related to the
stylesheet.

The form loads a stylesheet in the body of the page. The stylesheet
hides the "loading" message by setting its opacity to zero. Now, there
are two problems with this:

1. Firstly fact that stylesheet is loaded in the body is just wrong.
It is surprising that any browser even recognises it at all, since it
should be in the head.

2. Secondly sometimes the stylesheet does not get loaded anyway
(probably related to various settings).

My solution is to copy the contents of wp-content/plugins/mailpress/mp-
includes/css/form.css to the main theme stylesheet. It may also need
some updates to make it more cross-browser compatible (it uses both
the filter and opacity styles so may already cover all browsers).

Hope that helps.

-- Jason

ovivankenobi

Feb 23, 2010, 1:13:23 PM2/23/10
to MailPress
manually copying the CSS code into my main style sheet didn't help.
any other ideas?

ovivankenobi

Apr 11, 2010, 10:04:07 PM4/11/10
to MailPress
any more ideas on this problem?

andré renaut

ovivankenobi

Apr 12, 2010, 6:47:31 AM4/12/10
to MailPress
http://www.quilombobrasil.com
and
http://www.knightsenglish.com

currently the subscription is randomly working on the 1st one and not
at all for the second one. Nothing in the error logs except that
infosniper warning/error...

andré renaut

Apr 12, 2010, 7:27:16 AM4/12/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
with firefox 3.6, ok for me on both sites
with i.e. 8, ok for me on both sites

tudo perfeito !

2010/4/12 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>

--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Apr 12, 2010, 3:02:21 PM4/12/10
to MailPress
I know, same here, but as soon as I walk to my friend, the owner of
those sites, it doesn't work from his PC and he's also getting emails
from people, complaining they can't register :-( cause it keeps saying

now what do I do? is there some more debugging we could enable to
check what exactly isn't working?

ovivankenobi

Apr 12, 2010, 3:04:57 PM4/12/10
to MailPress
or shall I look into testing v. 5.0 beta on the smaller of those two
sites? has anything changed that could help with this issue?

andré renaut

Apr 12, 2010, 5:04:54 PM4/12/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
i am afraid no as far as this is an issue on some clients (which browsers and versions)

for those who fail, this only way to get subscribed is to temporarely deactivate javascript and subscribe.

2010/4/12 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>
or shall I look into testing v. 5.0 beta on the smaller of those two
sites? has anything changed that could help with this issue?
--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Apr 13, 2010, 4:43:31 PM4/13/10
to MailPress
I might be thinking too simplistic, but how about another non-ajax
widget? one that reloads the whole page when subscription was
successful?

or mazbe just a shortcode we can use with a text widget?

Trifan Ion

Apr 13, 2010, 6:00:32 PM4/13/10
to mailpress
My website is http://www.bestjokes.cc take a look. I dont know what can be wrong. I have two almost identical sites but it does not work for this one.

2010-04-13

Trifan Ion

From:  ovivankenobi
Date:  2010-04-13  23:43:40
To:  MailPress
Subject:  [MailPress] Re: Mailpress subscribe widget constantly shows "loading"yet everything else works

andré renaut

Apr 13, 2010, 5:07:41 PM4/13/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
for a non ajax widget

go to Appearance > Widget

and check jQuery and javascript checkboxes

2010/4/13 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>

--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Apr 14, 2010, 1:37:31 PM4/14/10
to MailPress
I don't really understand your answer: checking those two boxes, tells
the widget that they are preloaded, but they are not.
I tried it nevertheless, and after clicking submit, I end up on the
same page, but teh page content is gone and I only see: Sorry, no
posts matched your criteria.

Is there another solution? did I misunderstand you maybe?

andré renaut

ovivankenobi

Apr 15, 2010, 5:59:50 AM4/15/10
to MailPress
If I understand this, you are saying, that disabling javascript will
allow registration. If that is right, I thought making a non-ajax
widget would be the solution. I.e. one where you enter your name/
email, click submit, it writes the data to the db and refreshes
afterwards?

is that not possible?
Did I get you wrong?

I'm kind of lost right now :-(

On Apr 12, 11:04 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am afraid no as far as this is an issue on some clients (which browsers
> and versions)
>
> for those who fail, this only way to get subscribed is to temporarely
> deactivate javascript and subscribe.
>

> 2010/4/12 ovivankenobi <ovivanken...@gmail.com>

> > or shall I look into testing v. 5.0 beta on the smaller of those two
> > sites? has anything changed that could help with this issue?
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !

> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

> > Groups "MailPress" group.

> > mailpress+...@googlegroups.com<mailpress%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

andré renaut

Apr 15, 2010, 11:00:29 AM4/15/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
the widget works in both cases (javascript or not javascript)

2010/4/15 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>:

> === Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

> Groups "MailPress" group.
> mailpress+...@googlegroups.com

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

ovivankenobi

Apr 16, 2010, 5:47:07 AM4/16/10
to MailPress
ok, then do you have any idea, why I am getting a posts not found
error after checking the jquery/js preloaded checkboxes?

andré renaut

Apr 16, 2010, 9:49:59 AM4/16/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
no !

2010/4/16 ovivankenobi <ovivan...@gmail.com>:
--
Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
Please, think about the environment before printing this message.

Rebecca

May 25, 2010, 5:41:01 PM5/25/10
to MailPress
Did this ever get resolved? I'm finding the same problem on several
of my sites. Widget just shows loading. When I check the jQuery and
javascript checkboxes I get post not found.

One of my sites with the problem is http://thebeautytherapyroom.co.uk.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance yet again :)
Rebecca

andré renaut

May 25, 2010, 6:04:30 PM5/25/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
may be jquery.js is loaded twice !!!

if you are using the widget there is a checkbox 'jq already loaded' to check .

2010/5/25 Rebecca <rebecc...@googlemail.com>

--
=== Please Donate ! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2erenaut%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=MailPress&item_number=gg&amount=5%2e00&currency_code=EUR&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest ===

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

Benjamin Favre

May 25, 2010, 6:47:22 PM5/25/10
to MailPress
It would be alot easier for everyone if you made the decision to
enqueue jQuery properly in the widget class .
<?php wp_enqueue_script("jquery"); ?>

On May 25, 11:04 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> may be jquery.js is loaded twice !!!
>
> if you are using the widget there is a checkbox 'jq already loaded' to check
> .
>

> 2010/5/25 Rebecca <rebeccakep...@googlemail.com>

> > Did this ever get resolved?  I'm finding the same problem on several
> > of my sites.  Widget just shows loading. When I check the jQuery and
> > javascript checkboxes I get post not found.
>

> > One of my sites with the problem ishttp://thebeautytherapyroom.co.uk.

> > Any suggestions?
>
> > Thank you in advance yet again :)
> > Rebecca
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !

> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

> > Groups "MailPress" group.

> > mailpress+...@googlegroups.com<mailpress%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

andré renaut

May 26, 2010, 12:05:28 AM5/26/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
sorry benjamin but 3 good reasons :
1 . not all themes support the wp_enqueue_script
2. not all theme insert javascript files in their footer
3. i do not want to load the javascript files if the widget is not in the html page ...

2010/5/26 Benjamin Favre <benf...@gmail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

Rebecca

May 26, 2010, 9:56:11 AM5/26/10
to MailPress
Thank you. I've tried the following with no success on the widget:
- Checked the 'jQuery' box (I get loading signal)
- Checked the 'javascript' box (get content not found page)
- Checked both 'jQuery' & 'javascript' boxes (page not found)
- None checked (get loading signal)

Any ideas what to try next?

Many thanks,
Rebecca

On May 25, 11:04 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> may be jquery.js is loaded twice !!!
>
> if you are using the widget there is a checkbox 'jq already loaded' to check
> .
>

> 2010/5/25 Rebecca <rebeccakep...@googlemail.com>

> > Did this ever get resolved?  I'm finding the same problem on several
> > of my sites.  Widget just shows loading. When I check the jQuery and
> > javascript checkboxes I get post not found.
>

> > One of my sites with the problem ishttp://thebeautytherapyroom.co.uk.

> > Any suggestions?
>
> > Thank you in advance yet again :)
> > Rebecca
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !

> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

> > Groups "MailPress" group.

andré renaut

May 26, 2010, 12:39:13 PM5/26/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
are you using the widget ? or you include the mailpress form by code in your theme ?

2010/5/26 Rebecca <rebecc...@googlemail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

Rebecca

May 26, 2010, 1:24:50 PM5/26/10
to MailPress
I'm using the widget.

On May 26, 5:39 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> are you using the widget ? or you include the mailpress form by code in your
> theme ?

andré renaut

May 26, 2010, 4:03:42 PM5/26/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
so in the widget, just check jquery and save.

2010/5/26 Rebecca <rebecc...@googlemail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en
OnTheFly002.jpg

franck.ge...@bechtle.fr

Jun 9, 2010, 8:07:38 AM6/9/10
to MailPress
Hello

I tried everything and nothing works.

Have you any idea? I checked, unchecked, recheck, etc. ...

And nothing

Please help me

THX

On 26 mai, 22:03, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so in the widget, just check jquery and save.
>
>  OnTheFly002.jpg
> 71KAfficherTélécharger
>
> 2010/5/26 Rebecca <rebeccakep...@googlemail.com>
> Please, think about the environment before printing this message.- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

andré renaut

Jun 9, 2010, 10:43:31 AM6/9/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
a link to your site please.

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

franck.ge...@bechtle.fr

Jun 9, 2010, 12:55:16 PM6/9/10
to MailPress
Thank You André for your reply

the website : http://www.objectifbusiness.com/

On Jun 9, 4:43 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> a link to your site please.

andré renaut

Jun 9, 2010, 1:21:40 PM6/9/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
je te réponds en français pour faire plus simple.

en 4.0.2, il y a un bug sur le formulaire de controle du widget mailpress.

il faut donc le supprimer, puis le créer à nouveau.
à priori ton thème utilise déjà jquery en natif.
si tel est le cas, seule la chexbox jquery doit être "checkée".

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

franck.ge...@bechtle.fr

Jun 9, 2010, 1:35:56 PM6/9/10
to MailPress
Bonjour et merci André

C est très sympa

Tu m'indiques de supprimer le widget et de le réinstaller, mais je
l'ai déjà fait sans succès. J'ai lu les conversations sur le forum et
vu qu'il fallait cocher jquery, mais idem, rien n'y fait

As tu une idée ?

Cdlt
Franck

On Jun 9, 7:21 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> je te réponds en français pour faire plus simple.
>
> en 4.0.2, il y a un bug sur le formulaire de controle du widget mailpress.
>
> il faut donc le supprimer, puis le créer à nouveau.
> à priori ton thème utilise déjà jquery en natif.
> si tel est le cas, seule la chexbox jquery doit être "checkée".

> > ..

> > > --
> > > Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
> > > Please, think about the environment before printing this message.
>
> > --
> > === Please Donate !

franck.ge...@bechtle.fr

Jun 9, 2010, 1:50:18 PM6/9/10
to MailPress
Je ré essayé et ça fonctionne !! Un grand merci André

On Jun 9, 7:35 pm, "franck.gentzbit...@bechtle.fr"

Lox

Jun 10, 2010, 5:10:40 PM6/10/10
to MailPress
> Mailpress subscribe widget constantly shows "loading" yet everything else works

It happens to me too when I am logged to wp-admin. If I log out, it
works correctly

andré renaut

Jun 10, 2010, 6:37:00 PM6/10/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
apparently plugin conflict (some css are added to your theme when connected under admin)

2010/6/10 Lox <lox...@knc.nc>
> Mailpress subscribe widget constantly shows "loading" yet everything else works

It happens to me too when I am logged to wp-admin. If I log out, it
works correctly

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

Rebecca Page

Jun 28, 2010, 9:21:31 AM6/28/10
to MailPress
"so in the widget, just check jquery and save"

Thank you however I've tried this and I'm still getting an error.
Here's all the permeatations I've tried:

jquery NOT checked, javascript NOT checked = continual loading and
user not inserted into database
jquery CHECKED, javascript NOT checked = continual loading and user
not inserted into database
jquery CHECKED, javascript CHECKED = page saying "Sorry, no posts
matched your criteria"
jquery NOT checked, javascript CHECKED = page saying "Sorry, no posts
matched your criteria"

dermod

Aug 10, 2010, 5:42:05 AM8/10/10
to MailPress
What she said. Any clues please?

Thanks

On Jun 28, 2:21 pm, Rebecca Page <bexkep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "so in the widget, just check jquery and save"
>
> Thank you however I've tried this and I'm still getting an error.
> Here's all the permeatations I've tried:
>
> jquery NOT checked, javascript NOT checked = continualloadingand
> user not inserted into database
> jquery CHECKED, javascript NOT checked = continualloadingand user

dermod

Aug 10, 2010, 2:16:27 PM8/10/10
to MailPress
OK,

I've narrowed it down. It's a subscription issue, adding new users and
sending the confirmation email. This is both in the widget, the
shortcode, and in the Bulk Add plugin.

If someone is already on the mailing list, and tries to subscribe,
they get told that they are on the list.

If someone new tries to subscribe, the "loading" stays permanent,
nothing happens.

If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Require
Authorization" then the screen goes blank.
If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Activate" then
the new user gets added to the list.

So the problem is not jquery or CSS for me, it is that something is
wrong with the step between taking a new address and sending an
authorization email, it hangs. But the system is working and checking
if a user is in the database.

moment.

Any clues, please

Dermod

dermod

Aug 10, 2010, 2:25:59 PM8/10/10
to MailPress
Further information:

Now when I input a new email address in the widget, but one which I
inputted before, it tells me that I have already subscribed.

But no authorization email has been sent, or received. And the email
address is not added to the Users list.

help!!!

Dermod

On Aug 10, 7:16 pm, dermod <der...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> I've narrowed it down. It's a subscription issue, adding new users and
> sending the confirmation email. This is both in the widget, the
> shortcode, and in the Bulk Add plugin.
>
> If someone is already on the mailing list, and tries to subscribe,
> they get told that they are on the list.
>
> If someone new tries to subscribe, the "loading" stays permanent,
> nothing happens.
>
> If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Require
> Authorization" then the screen goes blank.
> If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Activate" then
> the new user gets added to the list.
>
> So the problem is not jquery or CSS for me, it is that something is
> wrong with the step between taking a new address and sending an
> authorization email, it hangs. But the system is working and checking
> if a user is in the database.

dermod

Aug 10, 2010, 2:29:47 PM8/10/10
to MailPress
And even more strangeness now

I've reloaded the "users" page and the new email address has been
added as a user! But I received no authorization email.

andré renaut

dermod

Aug 11, 2010, 4:44:45 AM8/11/10
to MailPress
Hi André

Thanks for your reply. How did you discover that?

And, this is something that happens with the Bulk Add plugin as well
as the subscription form.

But more importantly, what to do? Which precise script is causing the
error, and how do we fix it?

Thanks

Dermod

On Aug 10, 11:20 pm, andré renaut <andre.ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the subscription form returns (ajax) http 500 Internal server error
>
> 2010/8/10 dermod <der...@gmail.com>
>

> > OK,
>
> > I've narrowed it down. It's a subscription issue, adding new users and
> > sending the confirmation email. This is both in the widget, the
> > shortcode, and in the Bulk Add plugin.
>
> > If someone is already on the mailing list, and tries to subscribe,
> > they get told that they are on the list.
>
> > If someone new tries to subscribe, the "loading" stays permanent,
> > nothing happens.
>
> > If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Require
> > Authorization" then the screen goes blank.
> > If I add a new user via the Bulk Add plugin, and check "Activate" then
> > the new user gets added to the list.
>
> > So the problem is not jquery or CSS for me, it is that something is
> > wrong with the step between taking a new address and sending an
> > authorization email, it hangs. But the system is working and checking
> > if a user is in the database.

> > moment.
>
> > Any clues, please
>
> > Dermod
>
> > On Aug 10, 10:42 am, dermod <der...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What she said. Any clues please?
>
> > > Thanks

> > --
> > === Please Donate !
> >https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=andre%2...

andré renaut

Aug 11, 2010, 6:47:09 AM8/11/10
to mail...@googlegroups.com
i discovered that with firefox and firebug extension

2010/8/11 dermod <der...@gmail.com>

Groups "MailPress" group.
mailpress+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress?hl=en

dermod

Aug 11, 2010, 8:36:48 AM8/11/10
to MailPress
OK,

Thanks for the reply. Could you advise me what I should do to debug
Mailpress and see what is causing the error?

Thanks

Dermod
> > <mailpress%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<mailpress%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

dermod

Aug 11, 2010, 7:49:50 PM8/11/10
to MailPress
Ok,

So now I'm looking at the same 500 internal server error as you are.
In firefox firebug. In the console.

So when http://ciarasidine.com/wp-content/plugins/mailpress/mp-includes/action.php
is run with a totally new email address, it produces an internal
server error.

But when an existing email address is run, it works fine in telling me
that I've already subscribed.

In both, jquery.js is referenced, line 130.

I'm perfectly willing to try to debug and work it out myself if you
don't have time but I'm an amateur. I would like some advice as to
where to start debugging it, why you think this error is being caused,
what I should do to eliminate possible causes...

Thanks

Dermod