[horde] Name of INBOX

Jens Peter Möller

Jan 21, 2003, 5:20:07 PM1/21/03

we using Horde only with german language and
all folders (sent items, ...) have
german names.
So I wan't change the Name of the INBOX too?
Maybe the displayed name?
We using uw-imap.

JPM

Michael M Slusarz

Jan 21, 2003, 5:37:15 PM1/21/03
Quoting Jens Peter Möller <j...@klausi-hh.de>:

| Hi,
|
| we using Horde only with german language and
| all folders (sent items, ...) have
| german names.
| So I wan't change the Name of the INBOX too?
| Maybe the displayed name?
| We using uw-imap.

INBOX can not be changed. See RFC 2060 [5.1]:

The interpretation of mailbox names is implementation-dependent.
However, the case-insensitive mailbox name INBOX is a special name
reserved to mean "the primary mailbox for this user on this server".

michael

Michael Slusarz [slu...@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder

s-be...@gmx.de

Jan 21, 2003, 6:32:48 PM1/21/03
> INBOX can not be changed. See RFC 2060 [5.1]:
>
> The interpretation of mailbox names is implementation-dependent.
> However, the case-insensitive mailbox name INBOX is a special name
> reserved to mean "the primary mailbox for this user on this server".
>
> michael

Well...

but I think nobody cares for another display language at the frontend (in
fact, most mail clients use the appropriate translation for INBOX) - of course
the folder at the server should be named INBOX.

As with IMP 3.1, in the de_DE.po, the correct translation for INBOX can be
found. I do not know why this doesn't work for you...

Sebastian

Jens Peter Möller

Jan 22, 2003, 4:46:37 AM1/22/03
> As with IMP 3.1, in the de_DE.po, the correct translation for INBOX can be
> found. I do not know why this doesn't work for you...

OK, it works for the button but not for the
displayed folders.
Where can I look at the code to set translation
in the folder view?

JPM

s-be...@gmx.de

Jan 22, 2003, 5:56:01 AM1/22/03
> OK, it works for the button but not for the
> displayed folders.
> Where can I look at the code to set translation
> in the folder view?

Well,

this is the point Michael mentioned. Afaik horde/imp just displays the
folders with their names as they are stored on the IMAP server - which is
certainly the way to go. Furthermore, for these names are different from one
installation to another, there is no practical way to translate them via gettext.

You might try to work with your IMAP server: change the default inbox
folder's name as far as this is possible, do the appropriate settings in your
servers.php or whereever you have defined the connection data, and try again. But
not every server allows changing that name (although e.g. cyrus uses INBOX. -
trailing dot), and please know that this wouldn't be RFC-conform - your own
risk.

I do not know whether somebody has tried to have a hook or so just for
setting another display name for INBOX inside horde; it should be possible, but
requiring some coding...

Best,

Sebastian