[imp] IMP, HEAD-20040706

Joaquim Homrighausen

Jul 7, 2004, 12:57:57 PM7/7/04

An oddity with folder names.. I've set-up one installation with the current HEAD
of Horde/IMP/Nag/Mnemo/Kronolith to live in an Exchange 5.5-environment. I just
changed the name of the server and made it "public", which of course rendered
all of my preferences useless (I'm "user@<new server name>" instead of
"user@<old server name>").

So when I went into IMP and removed a message, IMP felt it necessary to create a
new "Trash" ("Deleted Items", since I'm on an Exchange server) folder.. so it
created "Deleted Items" (literally). Only problem is that my folder is called
"Borttaget" (Swedish for "Deleted").

How does one solve this?

On the same server, we have users using four different languages..

-Joaquim

Jan Schneider

Jul 7, 2004, 1:40:17 PM7/7/04
Zitat von Joaquim Homrighausen <jo...@poolia.se>:

> An oddity with folder names.. I've set-up one installation with the
> current HEAD
> of Horde/IMP/Nag/Mnemo/Kronolith to live in an Exchange
> 5.5-environment. I just
> changed the name of the server and made it "public", which of course rendered
> all of my preferences useless (I'm "user@<new server name>" instead of
> "user@<old server name>").

Because you configured a realm where you probably didn't have to.

> So when I went into IMP and removed a message, IMP felt it necessary
> to create a
> new "Trash" ("Deleted Items", since I'm on an Exchange server) folder.. so it
> created "Deleted Items" (literally). Only problem is that my folder is called
> "Borttaget" (Swedish for "Deleted").
>
> How does one solve this?

Set the default trash folder name in config/prefs.php.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php

Joaquim Homrighausen

Jul 7, 2004, 2:51:22 PM7/7/04
* Quoting Jan Schneider <j...@horde.org> on 2004-07-07:

> Because you configured a realm where you probably didn't have to.

Hmm.. no, I don't think so. But I changed the server name from $_SERVER
['SERVER_ADDR'] to $_SERVER ['SERVER_NAME'] (I had to, to get it working in
the test environment prior to going "live").

>> How does one solve this?
> Set the default trash folder name in config/prefs.php.

I have, it's set to "Deleted Items" (as per the comment in prefs.php for
Exchange 5.5). But the folder name (in the folder list) for the folder where
Exchange keeps the deleted messages is "Borttaget"; so a "Deleted Items"
folder was created the first time I deleted a message. But on the server
where Horde/IMP resides, people will log-on using different languages.. so
I'm not sure how to handle this.

-Joaquim

Jan Schneider

Jul 7, 2004, 2:59:52 PM7/7/04
Zitat von Joaquim Homrighausen <jo...@webbplatsen.se>:

> * Quoting Jan Schneider <j...@horde.org> on 2004-07-07:
>
>> Because you configured a realm where you probably didn't have to.
>
> Hmm.. no, I don't think so. But I changed the server name from $_SERVER
> ['SERVER_ADDR'] to $_SERVER ['SERVER_NAME'] (I had to, to get it working in
> the test environment prior to going "live").

You don't *think*? Why don't you look if you did. It might also be a vinfo
hook causing the domain to be appended. Whatever you did, if you host a
single domain, and that's how it sounds like, you need neither of those.

>>> How does one solve this?
>> Set the default trash folder name in config/prefs.php.
>
> I have, it's set to "Deleted Items" (as per the comment in prefs.php for
> Exchange 5.5). But the folder name (in the folder list) for the folder where
> Exchange keeps the deleted messages is "Borttaget"; so a "Deleted Items"
> folder was created the first time I deleted a message. But on the server
> where Horde/IMP resides, people will log-on using different languages.. so
> I'm not sure how to handle this.

Huh? Then set the prefs value to "Borttaget", or did I miss something?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php

Joaquim Homrighausen

Jul 7, 2004, 4:20:14 PM7/7/04
* Quoting Jan Schneider <j...@horde.org> on 2004-07-07:

> You don't *think*? Why don't you look if you did. It might also be a vinfo

> hook causing the domain to be appended. Whatever you did, if you host a
> single domain, and that's how it sounds like, you need neither of those.

Sorry, I should have expressed it differently; no, I didn't.

> Huh? Then set the prefs value to "Borttaget", or did I miss something?

And when an English-language user logs on.. then it's shown as "Deleted Items"
or "Trash" (can't recall what Exchange calls it). I don't know what's going
on, which makes it harder to figure out a solution of course :-)

Is there any translation going on in IMP for folders it reads from the server?
It sounds a bit far fetched, but I can't think of anything else.. other than
Exchange 5.5 serving the client with different folder names for these "system
folders".

-Joaquim