[Samba] Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem?

Adrian Bunk

Aug 3, 2005, 12:03:49 PM8/3/05
Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem in the Linux kernel?

Emails to the Email address ur...@teststation.com of Urban Widmark that
is listed in MAINTAINERS are bouncing.

Can anyone tell how to reach Urban and/or whether anyone is currently
maintaining smbfs?

TIA
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

tvrtko....@sophos.com

Aug 4, 2005, 4:25:39 AM8/4/05
On 03/08/2005 17:03:04 linux-kernel-owner wrote:

>Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem in the Linux kernel?

It probably won't help you much, but I had the same problem few months
ago. There was a bug in smbfs which I tried to discuss with someone, and
after failing to contact the maintainer, I sent the fix to Linus. I don't
think even he managed to get a response from Urban or someone else. The
fix went in so I stopped chasing it.

So it looks like smbfs is not maintained.