[AMaViS-user] Strange error after upgrade to 2.6.1

MBGa...@co.berkeley.sc.us

Oct 3, 2008, 9:40:12 AM10/3/08
I switched my mail filter server yesterday from our older setup running
amavisd-new 2.4.2, to an updated system running 2.6.1. Everything
appeared to be going fine, but when I came in this morning I have about
15-20 messages stuck in my mail queue displaying the following message:

forwarding FAILED: Can't locate object method "is_encoded" via package
"Amavis::MIME::Body::OnOpenFh" at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 7038,
<GEN8> line 5440. (in reply to end of DATA command))

Google hasn't proved very helpful on this one. The only mention I can
even find of "Amavis::MIME::Body::OnOpenFH" is in the Amavisd release
notes.

Thanks.

Michael Gaskins
Berkeley County Government
I.T. Project Manager
mbga...@co.berkeley.sc.us
843-719-4759

MBGa...@co.berkeley.sc.us

Oct 3, 2008, 11:00:25 AM10/3/08
I got this figured out. Apparently CPAN was updating a Perl installation
in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl, whereas Amavisd-new was picking up packages
in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl. Because of that some modules that I
thought I'd updated (namely, MIME::Tools) where still picking up the older
versions that didn't have needed functionality.

Mike
MBGa...@co.berkeley.sc.us wrote on 10/03/2008 09:40:12 AM:

> MBGa...@co.berkeley.sc.us
> 10/03/2008 10:05 AM

> amavi...@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> [AMaViS-user] Strange error after upgrade to 2.6.1

> I switched my mail filter server yesterday from our older setup running
> amavisd-new 2.4.2, to an updated system running 2.6.1. Everything
> appeared to be going fine, but when I came in this morning I have about
> 15-20 messages stuck in my mail queue displaying the following message:
>
> forwarding FAILED: Can't locate object method "is_encoded" via package
> "Amavis::MIME::Body::OnOpenFh" at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 7038,
> <GEN8> line 5440. (in reply to end of DATA command))
>
> Google hasn't proved very helpful on this one. The only mention I can
> even find of "Amavis::MIME::Body::OnOpenFH" is in the Amavisd release
> notes.
>
> Thanks.

Mark Martinec

Oct 6, 2008, 9:31:17 AM10/6/08
Mike,

> > forwarding FAILED: Can't locate object method "is_encoded" via package
> > "Amavis::MIME::Body::OnOpenFh" at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 7038,
> > <GEN8> line 5440. (in reply to end of DATA command))

> I got this figured out. Apparently CPAN was updating a Perl installation

> in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl, whereas Amavisd-new was picking up packages
> in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl. Because of that some modules that I
> thought I'd updated (namely, MIME::Tools) where still picking up the older
> versions that didn't have needed functionality.

Thank you for the information. The next time google will find it :)

Mark