[AMaViS-user] lost connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data

Thomas Robers

Jul 6, 2004, 9:27:18 AM7/6/04

I use postfix-2.1.3 together with amavisd-new-20040701 on SuSE Linux 9.1
box and occasionally I receive mail, which cannot be passed through
amavisd and remain in the postfix mailqueue with the error "(lost
connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data --
message may be sent more than once)" This pertains only a few messages,
most e-mail get delivered.

I searched the archive and found some postings regarding this or an
equal problem and I tried the mentioned solutions but the problem remains.

Has anybody had the same problem and can give me a hint how to
solve this problem?

The messages regarding startup of amavisd-new and debug output
during delivery can be found here:

http://www.c-bs.de/amavisd-output.txt

Thanks!
Thomas

Thomas -Balu- Walter

Jul 6, 2004, 3:26:23 PM7/6/04
Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:09:17PM +0200, Thomas Robers wrote:
> I use postfix-2.1.3 together with amavisd-new-20040701 on SuSE Linux 9.1
> box and occasionally I receive mail, which cannot be passed through
> amavisd and remain in the postfix mailqueue with the error "(lost
> connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data --
> message may be sent more than once)" This pertains only a few messages,
> most e-mail get delivered.

I had the same problem on one of my machines that got a somewhat high
load and was not able to finish the scanning of the mails. In my case it
helped to increase the $child_timeout.

IIRC amavisd-new told me that it stopped the child because of a timeout
in the logs.

Balu