Re: [AMaViS-user] amavis[xx]: (!)DENIED ACCESS from IP x.x.x.43,

Mark Martinec

Dec 28, 2007, 11:51:57 AM12/28/07
john,

> amavis[xx]: (!)DENIED ACCESS from IP x.x.x.43, policy bank ''

> It is postfix that connects to amavis from source IP
> x.x.x.43.

> I've obviously googled the error and found pretty much
> nothing that applies to me, except for one thread
> where someone disabled smtp_bind_address to solve this.

> @mynetworks = qw( 127.0.0.0/8 [::1] [FE80::]/10
> [FEC0::]/10 10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12
> 192.168.0.0/16 x.x.x.40/29 );

You need to allow amavisd to accept connections from x.x.x.40/29:

@inet_acl = qw( 127.0.0.1 [::1] x.x.x.40/29 );

and you need amavisd to bind to all interfaces (instead
of a defaults which binds to a loopback interface only):

$inet_socket_bind = undef; # binds to all IP interfaces if undef

> Connecting using telnet on localhost works fine.
>
> # telnet localhost 10024
> Trying 127.0.0.1...

Your telnet connected to a loopback interface,
while your Postfix connects to an ethernet interface.

Mark