PATCH: Warning: unused parameter

Wietse Venema

Apr 26, 2012, 4:25:48 PM4/26/12
Wietse Venema:
> Amazingly, defining a parameter in master.cf then using it in main.cf
> was not covered by the 30 regression tests in the Makefile.
>
> > Well. I can set this parameter in main.cf explicitly:
> >
> > smtpd_role =
> >
> > it will be overwritten by master.cf setting for a specific smtpd
> > instance, so all should be fine... Is it what you mean?
>
> I'll add a regression test and fix.

The fix for Postfix 2.9 and 2.10 is at:

ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/feature-patches/20120426-postconf-patch

My PGP signature is at:

ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/feature-patches/20120426-postconf-patch.sig

Wietse

Wietse Venema

Apr 26, 2012, 4:31:24 PM4/26/12
Wietse Venema:
> Wietse Venema:
> > Amazingly, defining a parameter in master.cf then using it in main.cf
> > was not covered by the 30 regression tests in the Makefile.
> >
> > > Well. I can set this parameter in main.cf explicitly:
> > >
> > > smtpd_role =
> > >
> > > it will be overwritten by master.cf setting for a specific smtpd
> > > instance, so all should be fine... Is it what you mean?
> >
> > I'll add a regression test and fix.
>
> The fix for Postfix 2.9 and 2.10 is at:

Hang on, I need to some some further checking.

Wietse

Wietse Venema

Apr 26, 2012, 7:30:35 PM4/26/12
Wietse Venema:
> Amazingly, defining a parameter in master.cf then using it in main.cf
> was not covered by the 30 regression tests in the Makefile.
> I'll add a regression test and fix.

Wietse:
> The fix for Postfix 2.9 and 2.10 is at:

Wietse:
> Hang on, I need to some some further checking.

It's ready. The fix for Postfix 2.9 and 2.10 is at: