appending footer / adding attachments etc to outbound mail

Laurence Moughan

Jul 12, 2004, 11:34:22 AM7/12/04
Hi all,

my config,

master.cf
serverml1:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=dfilt:

dfilt unix - n n - - pipe
flags=Rq user=filter argv=/etc/postfix/footer.sh -f ${sender} --
${recipient}

using altermime

/usr/local/bin/altermime --input=in.$$
--disclaimer=/etc/postfix/footer.txt |

to append txt to end of outbound mails

Now this appends the footer to ALL outbound mails.

is it possible to restrict this to certain outbound mails by thier mail
from: or reply to: address ?

Thanks in advance

Laurence

For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed. Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.

Magnus Bäck

Jul 12, 2004, 12:00:50 PM7/12/04
On Monday, July 12, 2004 at 17:33 CEST,
Laurence Moughan <Laurence...@aerlingus.com> wrote:

> master.cf
> serverml1:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

> -o content_filter=3Ddfilt:
>=20

> dfilt unix - n n - - pipe

> flags=3DRq user=3Dfilter argv=3D/etc/postfix/footer.sh -f ${sender} -=
-
> ${recipient}
>=20
> using altermime
>=20
>=20
> /usr/local/bin/altermime --input=3Din.$$
> --disclaimer=3D/etc/postfix/footer.txt |
>=20

> to append txt to end of outbound mails

>=20

> Now this appends the footer to ALL outbound mails.

Note: Postfix has no concept of "inbound" and "outbound" mail.

> is it possible to restrict this to certain outbound mails by thier

> mail from: or reply to: address ?=20

Use the FILTER action in an access map (e.g. check_sender_access)
or in header_checks.

main.cf:
header_checks =3D pcre:/path/to/file

/path/to/file:
--=20
Magnus B=E4ck
mag...@dsek.lth.se

Tony Earnshaw

Jul 12, 2004, 2:21:15 PM7/12/04
man, 12.07.2004 kl. 18.00 skrev Magnus B=E4ck:

> Note: Postfix has no concept of "inbound" and "outbound" mail.

It does, if you tell it to ;) I have it block port 25 for all mail from
$mynetworks and only accept port 26. I then force all clients on
$mynetworks to send smtp to port 26, which has a custom transport in
master.cf. Including altermime et al, for sites insisting on a
disclaimer on all outgoing mail.

--Tonni

--=20

Happiness is having your cat jump in through the window and
greet you, with the light summer dew yet a few seconds wet
on his coat.

mail: to...@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl