Multiple Domains / multiple TLS certs

Mark Moellering

Jun 21, 2011, 3:30:18 PM6/21/11
Hello,

I am running an e-mail server with seven (so far) domains. I have
everything configured so that each domain responds with the appropriate
ip address but I can't figure out how to do the same thing with
certificates.
I tried a couple of times but no luck so far. you can see my last
failed attempt in the master.cf configuration. Any help is greatly
appreciated. I am running on FreeBSD 8.1
Attached are postconf -n output and my master.cf file

Thanks in advance

Mark Moellering

Class-Creator

ma...@classcreator.com

master.cf
postconf

Noel Jones

Jun 21, 2011, 4:10:02 PM6/21/11

Running multiple separate identities is a really good
candidate for multiple instances.

#
69.41.172.62:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
-o smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/grissomhigh1981.key
-o smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/grissomhigh1981.crt
#

That should work, but you may need to comment out the default
smtp ... smtpd
entry to get postfix to read it.

-- Noel Jones

Wietse Venema

Jun 21, 2011, 4:13:40 PM6/21/11
Mark Moellering:

> Hello,
>
> I am running an e-mail server with seven (so far) domains. I have
> everything configured so that each domain responds with the appropriate
> ip address but I can't figure out how to do the same thing with
> certificates.

You can configure SMTP clients and SMTP server processes with
different domain personalities, but that does not change the
peraonality of the rest of Postfix (bounce meessages, for example).

You can simplify this immensely, and get real multiple domain
personalities, by following instructions in
http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_SINATNCE_README.html.

Wietse

> I tried a couple of times but no luck so far. you can see my last
> failed attempt in the master.cf configuration. Any help is greatly
> appreciated. I am running on FreeBSD 8.1
> Attached are postconf -n output and my master.cf file
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mark Moellering
>
> Class-Creator
>
> ma...@classcreator.com