TLS 1.2 protocol implementation

Mohan, Dharmendra

Mar 8, 2011, 8:20:19 PM3/8/11
Is TLS 1.2 protocol being implemented currently or is there a plan
for implementing it in the near future?
Thanks,
-Dharmendra

Steve Marquess

Mar 9, 2011, 8:05:25 AM3/9/11
Mohan, Dharmendra wrote:
> Hi,
> Is TLS 1.2 protocol being implemented currently or is there a plan
> for implementing it in the near future?

No, TLS 1.2 is not currently being implemented. Yes, we have a
technical plan of action but no timeline (at one point we thought we had
a sponsor but that support did not materialize). That implementation
represents a substantial amount of work, and those team members in a
position to undertake it are currently engaged in other work with
sponsorship.

It will be implemented at some point, for sure, sponsored or not.
Without sponsorship it will just take longer.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
The OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.