request. Sogo

Johan Hendriks

Sep 8, 2010, 8:37:32 AM9/8/10
I am looking for a mail solution, with shared agenda and contacts, and
came across Sogo.

http://www.sogo.nu/english.html

We tried several solutions, but Sogo fits our needs more than the other
solutions like horde and so on.

I tried it on a ubuntu box, and i really like it.

The thing is, i can not get it working on FreeBSD.

I am no programmer in any way, and do not understand all of the
configure needs.

I would like to know if anyone is working on it, because it is THE
solution for us.

Thanks,

Regards,

Johan Hendriks

Sean McAfee

Sep 8, 2010, 1:43:19 PM9/8/10
On 09/08/10 08:37, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> I am no programmer in any way, and do not understand all of the
> configure needs.
>

> I would like to know if anyone is working on it, because it is THE
> solution for us.

Seconded on that. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to burn on this and
GNUStep is a mess.

I was able to past the configure (whether or not I did right is another story....)

If anyone familiar with GNUStep wants to throw us a bone:

[smcafee@smcafee ~/sogo/SOGo-1.3.1]$ sudo ./configure
--gsmake=/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/
Password:
gnustep-config: not found
GNUstep environment:
system: /usr/local/GNUstep/System
user: /root/GNUstep
path:
/usr/local/GNUstep/System:/usr/local/GNUstep/Network:/usr/local/GNUstep/Local:/root/GNUstep
flat: yes
arch: amd64-portbld-freebsd8.1
combo: gnu-gnu-gnu

Note: will install in GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT: /usr/local/GNUstep/Local

Configuration:
debug: yes
strip: no
ldap-based configuration: no
prefix: /usr/local/GNUstep/Local
gstep: /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/
config: /home/smcafee/sogo/SOGo-1.3.1/config.make
script: /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles//GNUstep.sh

creating: /home/smcafee/sogo/SOGo-1.3.1/config.make

[root@smcafee /home/smcafee/sogo/SOGo-1.3.1]# gmake
This is gnustep-make 2.4.0. Type 'gmake print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
Making all in SOPE/NGCards ...
Making all for library libNGCards...
Compiling file CardGroup.m ...
CardGroup.m:27:33: warning: SaxObjC/SaxXMLReader.h: No such file or directory
CardGroup.m:28:40: warning: SaxObjC/SaxXMLReaderFactory.h: No such file or directory
In file included from CardGroup.m:30:
NGCardsSaxHandler.h:25:39: warning: SaxObjC/SaxDefaultHandler.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from CardGroup.m:30:
NGCardsSaxHandler.h:41: error: cannot find interface declaration for
'SaxDefaultHandler', superclass of 'NGCardsSaxHandler'
CardGroup.m:35: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'SaxXMLReader'
CardGroup.m:40: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'SaxXMLReader'
CardGroup.m: In function '+[CardGroup cardParser]':
CardGroup.m:43: warning: 'NGCardsSaxHandler' may not respond to '+new'
CardGroup.m:43: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
CardGroup.m:43: warning: will be assumed to return 'id' and accept
CardGroup.m:43: warning: '...' as arguments.)
CardGroup.m:48: error: 'SaxXMLReaderFactory' undeclared (first use in this function)
CardGroup.m:48: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
CardGroup.m:48: error: for each function it appears in.)
CardGroup.m:58: warning: '-setContentHandler:' not found in protocol(s)
CardGroup.m:58: warning: no '-setContentHandler:' method found
CardGroup.m:59: warning: '-setErrorHandler:' not found in protocol(s)
CardGroup.m:59: warning: no '-setErrorHandler:' method found
CardGroup.m: In function '+[CardGroup parseFromSource:]':
CardGroup.m:71: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'SaxXMLReader'
CardGroup.m:83: warning: '-parseFromSource:' not found in protocol(s)
gmake[4]: *** [obj/libNGCards.obj/CardGroup.m.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: *** [internal-library-all_] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [libNGCards.all.library.variables] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [internal-all] Error 2
gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2

--
Sean McAfee
Senior Systems Engineer

Marco Steinbach

Sep 8, 2010, 4:21:48 PM9/8/10
Sean McAfee schrieb:

> On 09/08/10 08:37, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> > I am no programmer in any way, and do not understand all of the
> > configure needs.
> >

> > I would like to know if anyone is working on it, because it is THE
> > solution for us.
>
> Seconded on that. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to burn on this
> and GNUStep is a mess.

[...]

I gave it a quick shot, and was able to build and install SOGo and SOPE
in a clean 8.1/amd64 jail, with NOPORTDOCS=yes as the only flag in
/etc/make.conf. The jails ports tree was last csuped yesterday.

$ denotes an unprivileged user account, # denotes root.

# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster && make install clean
# portmaster lang/gnustep-base
# portmaster databases/mysql51-server
# portmaster net/openldap24-server
# portmaster mail/dovecot
# portmaster mail/postfix
# portmaster devel/monotone
# portmaster shells/bash
# portmaster databases/libmemcached

Grab sources:

$ mkdir ~/tmp
$ cd ~/tmp
$ mtn db init --db=~/db.mtn
$ mtn --db=~/db.mtn pull inverse.ca ca.inverse.sope
$ mtn --db=~/db.mtn checkout --branch ca.inverse.sope SOPE
$ mtn --db=~/db.mtn pull inverse.ca ca.inverse.sogo
$ mtn --db=~/db.mtn checkout --branch ca.inverse.sogo SOGo

Build:

bash $ cd ~/tmp/SOPE
bash $ . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
bash $ ./configure --with-gnustep --enable-debug --disable-strip
bash $ gmake
bash # . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
bash # gmake install

bash $ cd ~/tmp/SOGo
bash $ . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
bash $ ./configure --enable-debug --disable-strip
bash $ gmake

The build stops at a missing library named libOGoContentStore.so.0.9

bash $ cd OGoContentStore && gmake && gmake install && cd ..

While you're at it, fix cp in SOPE/NGCards/GNUmakefile.postamble, by
replacing -dpR with -a.

bash $ gmake
bash # . /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
bash # gmake install

The mere fact, that it gets through the build and install phase of
course doesn't mean the resulting files will be able to actually do
anything useful for us, but it might be a start, at least.

Since I just had a very quick look at the documentation of SOGO, I'm not
able to supply any more hints at this time. Seeing Funambol being
mentioned raised my interesst, though.

MfG CoCo