Re: Intel Wireless 3945ABG

Mario Pavlov

May 31, 2008, 8:59:19 AM5/31/08
>Hi, I?m using FreeBSD 7.0 on ACER 5920 4GBRAM with kernel build with wpi
>driver options like this:
>

>device wpi
>
>device pci
>
>device wlan
>
>device wlan_amrr
>
>device firmware
>

>and in loader.conf:
>

>wpifw_load=”YES”
>
>legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1
>

>When I try to boot in “normal mode” the system halt after detected wpi0 and
>shows this messages:
>

>“wpi0: <Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG> irq 19 at device 0.0 on pci6
>
>wpi0: 0x1000 bytes of rid 0x10 res 3 failed (0, 0xffffffff).
>
>wpi0: could not allocate memory resource”
>

>When I try to boot in “safe mode” it recognize wpi but when it?ll load
>firmware shows this messages:
>

>“Interrupt storm detected on “irq10:”; throttling interrupt source” (it
>don?t stop)
>

>dmesg results on safe mode:
>

>“wpi0: <Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG> mem0xf0300000-0xf0300fff irq 11 at
>device 0.0 on pci6
>
>wpi0: Ethernet address: 00:1c:bf:64:b4:0e
>
>wpi0: [ITHREAD]
>
>wpi0: 11a rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps…
>
>wpi0: 11a rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps…
>
>wpi0: 11a rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps…
>
>wpi0: timeout waiting for adapter to initialize
>
>wpi0: A problem occurred loading the firmware to the driver
>

>When I try to load the modules on loader.conf it occurs too.
>

>Somebody can help me?
>
>Thanks very much.

Hi
I have exactly the same problem with exactly the same notebook
seems that this problem is pretty ugly

check this out: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2008-May/thread.html
for mails with subject: bge and wpi do not function on aspire 5920
and this: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2008-May/thread.html
for mails with subject: PCI bridge with I/O decode 0x0-0x0

so far there is no clean solution but very dirty hack
a guy from the freebsd-acpi list and I are trying to at least find the problem
if you have some ACPI knowledge you could help too
please post here your ASL code (which should be identical to mine)

thank you

Regards
MGP