Tester wanted for multipath failover iSCSI target software

Daisuke Aoyama

Mar 8, 2009, 4:53:36 PM3/8/09
Hello,

I'm looking for test users for new iSCSI target software designed
for multipath failover cluster nodes.
I'm very interested in the virtual machine such as Hyper-V.
So I'm also tuning the target for using VMs.
I need an environmental report in particular other than FreeBSD 7.1
RELEASE p3 i386/PAE kernel w/ZFS.
I welcome the report with other initiators below.
If you are interested in this software, please download it from the
following site.
The tarball contains configure script to build it.
Please read README and INSTALL in the tarball for more detail.

Tested Initiators:
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (builtin)
o Microsoft iSCSI Initiator 2.08 on WS2003
o Intel iSCSI Remote Boot 2.1.22
o Sun VirtualBOX 2.1.2 (builtin)
o VMware ESXi 3.5 Update 3 (builtin)

Key Features:
o MCS/MPIO for failover (up to 255 concurrent sessions)
o SPC-3 Persistent Reservation for cluster nodes
o 64bit LBA for over 2TB
o Header/Data digest by CRC32C
o CHAP w/Mutual authentication
o Multiple LUNs and ACLs for portals
(experimental features)
o iSCSI boot with Intel PRO/1000 Server Adapters
o virtual DVDROM/DLT emulator
o pass-through device via CAM

Known Issues:
o globalSAN iSCSI Initiator for Mac OSX does not establish data I/O
because of unexpected data segment length.
I will plan to fix it in the near future.
o FreeBSD initiator can't connect to the target because of StatSN error.
I don't know a reason.

Here is release 20090308:
http://shell.peach.ne.jp/aoyama/archives/342
Later version will be uploaded in this blog.
If you need anything other than Japanese, please use translator service.

Thanks,

--
Daisuke Aoyama