URL / IP Address for API Keys

Leonard Chiu

Jun 30, 2011, 10:06:13 PM6/30/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Hi,

I'm not a developer of sort.. Just trying to make my wordpress plugin
(Gravity Forms) to work with Mailchimp's API keys.
Apparently my server restrict outbound HTTP connections and when I
contact them about it they want to know what URL or IP address to
whitelist at their end.
Can someone confirm this?
I research a little and is this correct?

69.20.10.80, 69.20.10.85, and 74.205.3.112.
or
http://<dc>.api.mailchimp.com

Thank you

jesse

Jul 1, 2011, 11:42:29 AM7/1/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Do not try to whitelist IP addresses - they will change without
notice. If they can do URLs, then login to your account and look in
the address bar - the first part will be the <dc> and at this point
should be either us1 or us2.

jesse

Leonard Chiu

Jul 2, 2011, 12:35:02 PM7/2/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Hi Jesse,

Apparently I have 2 sites hosted on the same server but 1 is ok but
the other returned with this error:
"Invalid Mailchimp API Key: 977fa984b4eca50d4fd277e92adXXXX-us2 . You
are accessing the wrong datacenter - your client library may not
properly support our datacenter mapping scheme"

Reconfirmed that the URL whitelisted is correct @ http://us2.api.mailchimp.com
However still cant get it to work..

What could be the problem?

jesse

Jul 2, 2011, 12:41:05 PM7/2/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
The error message is being returned from our API, so it's not a
whitelisting issue. It sounds like either the version of Gravity Forms
you are using doesn't support or datacenter stuff (unlikely) or you
have an edge-case setup they hadn't considered. I don't know how it
works at all, but it could be that you have accounts in multiple
datacenters, it allows you to use multiple accounts, but they are
setting the datacenter for the whole plugin based on a single api key.
You should talk to them about that and provide a link to this thread.

jesse