test emails are not sent

Borja Martín

Aug 31, 2011, 6:19:23 PM8/31/11
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm currently experiencing a problem while trying to send an email test of a campaign because I don't receive any email although the server call returns a successful response. The point is that the same code worked until today. I have extracted the current function to this code:

# encoding: utf-8
require 'hominid'

MAIL_CHIMP_KEY = '<MY KEY>'
MAIL_LIST_ID   = '<LIST ID>'

hominid = Hominid::API.new(MAIL_CHIMP_KEY)

campaign = hominid.campaign_create('regular', {
    :list_id => MAIL_LIST_ID,
    :from_name => "Test Email",
    :from_email => "no-r...@cdcomunicacion.net",
    :subject => 'test',
    :auto_footer => false,
    :generate_text => true
  },
  {
    :html => '<h1>test</h1>'
  }
)

result = hominid.campaign_send_test(campaign, ["bor...@dagi3d.net"])
puts result

When I run this code I can see the created campaign on my Mailchimp control panel with 0 emails but I never receive any email although the value for the result variable is 'true'. If use the test option from the control panel I get the test email with no problems.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Regards

--
def dagi3d(me)
  case me

Josh

Aug 31, 2011, 7:32:51 PM8/31/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
+1 for this.. I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.

I'm using v1.2 API and the code was working up until today. Server
responds with no errors and from my end everything looks successful on
calling campaignSendTest.

I tested sending a test email by logging into the Mailchimp web
interface and that worked ok for the same campaign, so the campaign
appears to be setup okay.

Regards,
Josh

On Sep 1, 8:19 am, Borja Martín <bor...@dagi3d.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently experiencing a problem while trying to send an email test of a
> campaign because I don't receive any email although the server call returns
> a successful response. The point is that the same code worked until today. I
> have extracted the current function to this code:
>
> # encoding: utf-8
> require 'hominid'
>
> MAIL_CHIMP_KEY = '<MY KEY>'
> MAIL_LIST_ID   = '<LIST ID>'
>
> hominid = Hominid::API.new(MAIL_CHIMP_KEY)
>
> campaign = hominid.campaign_create('regular', {
>     :list_id => MAIL_LIST_ID,
>     :from_name => "Test Email",
>     :from_email => "no-re...@cdcomunicacion.net",

Borja Martín

Sep 1, 2011, 2:08:51 AM9/1/11
to mailchimp-...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention that the ruby library I was using was calling to the v1.2 API and I saw in the documentation it was deprecated, so I updated the library in order to use the v1.3 but it still doesn't work (the ruby code I provided was written for the last version of the hominid library which uses the v1.3 API)
Thanks in advance

Regards

matthew....@aptsolutions.co.uk

Sep 1, 2011, 4:55:13 AM9/1/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
I'm seeing exactly the same issue, using the 1.3 API.

The API returns 'true' but the test message never arrives. As with the

We haven't rolled this out to customers yet but the 'send test email'
feature is integrated into our software.

Is this a problem with the API?
> end- Hide quoted text -

MarcoJ

Sep 1, 2011, 10:19:45 AM9/1/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Same problem over here. We are having this problem since the last
couple of days. Has been working fine for two months or so. By the
way, sending the test-mail via the web interface works fine.

On Sep 1, 10:55 am, "matthew.pilsb...@aptsolutions.co.uk"

jesse

Sep 1, 2011, 12:12:17 PM9/1/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
There's an issue with a couple of new app servers in our us2
datacenter which is causing test sends to be sporadic at best. There's
a ticket in to get that sorted out and they should start working
consistently again soon.

jesse

On Aug 31, 6:19 pm, Borja Martín <bor...@dagi3d.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently experiencing a problem while trying to send an email test of a
> campaign because I don't receive any email although the server call returns
> a successful response. The point is that the same code worked until today. I
> have extracted the current function to this code:
>
> # encoding: utf-8
> require 'hominid'
>
> MAIL_CHIMP_KEY = '<MY KEY>'
> MAIL_LIST_ID   = '<LIST ID>'
>
> hominid = Hominid::API.new(MAIL_CHIMP_KEY)
>
> campaign = hominid.campaign_create('regular', {
>     :list_id => MAIL_LIST_ID,
>     :from_name => "Test Email",
>     :from_email => "no-re...@cdcomunicacion.net",

Josh

Sep 1, 2011, 6:48:40 PM9/1/11
to MailChimp API Discuss
Thanks Jesse,

Tested again this morning and all looks good. Emails are coming
through.

Thanks for getting on top of this so quickly for us.

Cheers,
Josh